Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zyxel VMG3925-B10B - BT and Youview - All internet works, except IPTV  (Read 5315 times)

spring

• Reg Member
Re: Zyxel VMG3925-B10B - BT and Youview - All internet works, except IPTV
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »

Also attached the group interface settings that you posted, in case someone spots a misconfiguration.

In addition I'm starting to think it may be firmware/telnet-command-required/other devices -related. What other devices can you configure?

There have been some seemingly mythical anecdotes suggesting resetting to factory default and starting again a few times had eventually worked. Doubt it though.

Is ROM-D cleared?

Edit: Is the TV WAN interface MLD/default gateway enabled and set to Bridge mode? The MTU I assume is max 1498 and not 1500 ?

Edit2: You should be using the Supervisor account for all things on the router & I hope ROM-D was cleared. Re-configuring to use IPv4-only could help. I'll look at the telnet manual however because this is puzzling.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:18:37 PM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:06 AM »

Don't think it has been mentioned but I have seen a couple of devices that only use multicast on one lan port (1 or 4 normally) so may be worth checking.

Edit: Doesn't appear to be the case from the user manual.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:34:12 AM by michty_me »

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 12:08:10 PM »

You're right, it does make sense to use LAN1/LAN2 for the bridge interface and connect the Youview to LAN1. Whilst the default group is on LAN3/LAN4, and the device that needs LAN access to the VMG3925 which has more multicast needs, connected to LAN4.

If this wouldn't be solved a firmware downgrade [to AAVF.10], reconfiguration & con-current wan setup [present in v10] would be worth a shot.

Edit: Con-current wan is more than worth a shot. Very high chance to be the culprit.

Edit2: Does someone by chance have the 3925 CLI manual? Not important but useful for OP.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:26:56 PM by spring »

jeeb

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »

Sorry folks, havent had a chance to look at this, hoping to get back around to it soon!

- ROM D is not cleared, as I have no idea how to do this, or no knowledge it was to be done....
- TV WAN MLD I believe is enabled, will double check though
- MTU1 I believe is 1498 as this I believe was its default value
- The admin account had its password changed and is the only account I am using at this time.
- I have two Youview boxes which I am trying to connect to my port. I currently have one connected on port 1 and one connected on port 4
-Con-current Wan, though located via downloading config to file (and searching the file) appears to be a redacted option on the interface in the new version 13, so I may well need to downgrade, but unfortunately I can not find any version 10 instance anywhere :(

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 05:22:16 AM »

You need to find the supervisor password to clear ROM-D

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,20006.msg373562.html#msg373562
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:29:22 AM by spring »
Pages: 1 [2]