Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Plusnet Forum  (Read 16975 times)

chenks

• Kitizen
Re: Plusnet Forum
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2018, 11:04:10 AM »

Don't forget he's in contract, which has six months to run, if he left now PN would be laughing, perhaps he can get out early if there are any price rises.

i'm sure if he shouts and complains enough they cut him free.
afterall a problem customer is a customer you don't want.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »

but we are digressing from the point of this thread, in that plusnet are a shambles of an ISP.

We can certainly agree on that.
  Eric

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »

If I were unhappy with an ISP then I would just pay to get out of it, assuming that that is possible. I do not have any memories of having been “in a contract” although of course I must have been, but anyway I wouldn't know. I presume you just cross their palm with silver.

It just depends on how fed up you are versus a modest amount of cash.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:04 PM »

I appreciate the sentiment, but you are never financially sticking the boot in to an ISP you are unhappy with by paying the contract exit fee, its often only slightly less than you would have paid for the remaining service but they no longer have to provide you anything. If its not an unreasonable amount of time and the service is at least usable better to stick it out and waste their money with support calls, in my estimation at least!

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2018, 01:32:10 PM »

better to stick it out and waste their money with support calls, in my estimation at least!

indeed, bombard their, already limited, ticketing system with frivelous "issues". wasting the time of their "trained" support staff.
or more likely the ticket will be ignored like they all are until you kick up a fuss in the support forums about it.... oh wait...

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »

indeed, bombard their, already limited, ticketing system with frivelous "issues". wasting the time of their "trained" support staff.
or more likely the ticket will be ignored like they all are until you kick up a fuss in the support forums about it.... oh wait...

They would not be frivolous if you have a genuine issue. No reason to not keep trying to see if they can resolve it, if you have the patience.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2018, 02:10:47 PM »

No, far better to post on Facebook and/or Twitter where other users (current & potential) will see it.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2018, 02:14:08 PM »

@johnson Well, eventually you are sticking them financially because the payments do stop in the end and they have lost one customer for good. If you have agreed to pay them a certain total amount in instalments effectively, then the money is already as good as gone. But you do not give them any more than that already committed, they lose out every year until the day if doom, so I think my point still stands, but yours is well made.

I would not put up with the annoyance just on account of a bit of money because I do turn into Mr Angry sometimes, but we are all different.

@jelv good point! And you can write them up at ISPreview saying what your experience has been, and why you left, if you did go that way. As well, there is also a forum at the ThinkBroadband website with a re PlusNet section and an “ISP-unhappiness” section, so both ideal.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:21:00 PM by Weaver »

rongtw

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2018, 03:48:18 PM »

@ Jelv , at first i was unable to even view the forums except Via mobile data , then i was allowed to read them . they must have blocked my IP which is static
I like your idea , as it happens i dont use the PN router , but there are several posts and Users of the ASUS DSL AC68U  :D  mm i wonder what they would say if i rang them ?   :lol:
and i may make a Twitface account :)

St3

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 11:50:39 PM »

Im currently moving from plusnet to a new isp, plusnet is a sinking ship when it comes to support.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:09:28 AM by itsonlyme_ »
Intel i7-7700K @ 4.5G ghz
16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 @ 2133 mhz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Black Edition

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2018, 11:53:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum, itsonlyme_ !  :)

rongtw

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2018, 07:44:13 AM »

Hello itsonlyme  :P

St3

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »

:P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:06:40 AM by itsonlyme_ »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »

As mentioned by jelv its a referral link.   Any PN customer who has a webpage can put up their own referral link.

Please do not start me on ads, because not a good time.   Especially when the past 6 months of ad revenue does not cover one months server costs because I will bite.   I put a HUGE amount of time and resources into this site all for free.  The site does not run on fresh air and it is very hard for independent sites to keep alive these days.  I always try to remain unbiased so if anyone has a problem with the fact I may get 50-75p for anyone who signs up via a referral link try looking at the big recommend websites who solely recommend on who pays most commission.   Those guys get something like £50-£100 or in some cases more per referral and why they are able to give cashback. 

Touch a nerve?  Yes it damn well does because revenue is a constant worry and for the hassle I get I sometimes think why do I bother.  If it wasn't for the support of a few regs then the temptation to pull the plug at times would be overwhelming.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

St3

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »

I didn't think it would cost much to host a domain and basic forum, ive done so myself in the past.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7