Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Plusnet Forum  (Read 16985 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: Plusnet Forum
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »

Perhaps they could have saved a lot of ink with something like this:
In the British Armed Forces the offence is covered by section 19 of the Armed Forces Act 2006, which applies to all branches. The offence is categorised as an offence of "neglect of duty and misconduct" and the covers "an act that is prejudicial to good order and service discipline" or causing the same through omission.

;D

[Moderator edited to change the [code][/code] tags to [quote][/quote] tags.]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:10:15 PM by burakkucat »

rongtw

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »

Hi all , well as i cannot move ISP for 6 months or pay £130 , i fear i have to stay with Plusnet for now  ???
 and as i just received this Email from PN i have requested a deadlock letter so i can take it further  :fingers:

Whilst I appreciate you have not had your desired outcome by raising this complaint the decision to uphold the ban is final.
As the message board is an additional option and not an expected route of communication, rules governing it rest with Plusnet alone.
This will be my final communication in relation to this issue.

How come the forum is no longer a expected route of communication ? they removed the Tickets , the phone lines  are dire , so if you have a problem you have to use TwitFace  :no:

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »

They will have been very careful to have nothing in their terms that state you have a right to access their forums.

The forum terms clearly state that its use is entirely at their discretion.

They have the right to ban you, and they clearly aren't going to change their mind.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »

They have the right to ban you, and they clearly aren't going to change their mind.

yes, but for what reason was the wifes account banned?
i would be going down that route if it were me.

i would be asking for the reason for also banning that account.
they have no rules about multiple people in the same house having their own forum accounts.
this is the equivalent of banning everyone from Liverpool because one scouser got a bit lary.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »

@chenks did the OP say he used his wife’s account to complain?

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2018, 02:12:13 PM »

@chenks did the OP say he used his wife’s account to complain?

dunno.
but plusnet would have a hard time proving who was (or wasn't) using the wifes account.
as they would be coming from the same IP address they would need to go down the line of analyzing posting style, which delves into the realms of cloud cuckoo land.

the situation remains as intially explained though. you have a small group of clique "customers" who aren't employed by plusnet controlling who can and can't access the one of the advertised official support channels. the actual plusnet employees then don't have the backbone to revert any change in case it upsets the little clique. on top of that the "community manager" actually comes across as a total a-hole (and being one myself i know one when i see one).

rongtw

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »

The wifes account was used only to read the forums @weaver

rongtw

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »

have just received this email from Plusnet ?   any idea what it means ?

After investigation the forum that we provide, is only governed by our own business processes and doesn't fall under the umbrella of the ombudsman. As its not a compliance area covered by the regulator the final resolutions end with our internal business decisions.

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »

have just received this email from Plusnet ?   any idea what it means ?

After investigation the forum that we provide, is only governed by our own business processes and doesn't fall under the umbrella of the ombudsman. As its not a compliance area covered by the regulator the final resolutions end with our internal business decisions.

it basically means GTF (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=G.T.F - option 2)

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:29 PM »

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Policies-and-Proceedures/m-p/1543430#M14430

It seems that one member's comment that with Plusnet is no redemption is very close to the truth.

rongtw

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »

LOL nice Chenks  ;)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2018, 05:55:29 PM »

It means the forum is an optional extra they give you, not covered by anything Ofcom or anyone else can interfere with or rule on.
Plusnet own it, run it and can do what they like with it.

Quote from: Plusnet forum rules
All members should note that the use of these forums is entirely at Plusnet’s discretion and should be viewed as such.

Quote from:  Plusnet Forum Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any account and use of the Community.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

rongtw

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 06:43:22 AM »

@John , so how come access to support via the forum is a optional extra ?

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 06:58:47 AM »

I suppose it is an extra because they say it is. If they said that as part of the terms of sale of the service you bought, then that defined what you had bought and you decide whether you like that deal on offer or not.

I think that there is nowhere else to go with this.

If you are unhappy with them then you should go to a decent ethic ISP. That is how you stick it to them, by depriving them of revenue.

ISPReview will give you an idea of what users think. And you can ask here for recommendations. Plenty of people here will be able to give you a straight answer of whether their own ISPs are any good or not.

But if you stay with PusNet and keep giving them money then it means that you are sufficiently happy with them that you are not willing to make a move. Only you can know what you want to do about it. Right now you are just talking to the wall, because they have stopped listening to you. A well-organised ISP will migrate you in a few days with zero downtime.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:00:49 AM by Weaver »

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:29 AM »

And you can ask here for recommendations.

the irony is that you only have to look at the primary sponsor of this site! (if indeed they actually pay to have their logo in a prominent position of the home page).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

anything