Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Plusnet Forum  (Read 16992 times)

chenks

• Kitizen
Re: Plusnet Forum
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 10:22:03 AM »

If you look at the censorship that occurs on forums such as BT's where unfavourable topics are removed I'm in favour of customer moderation.

but if the customer moderator is applying the rules set then that would still happen.
if BT want to moderate in that way then that's up to them. as long as it's applied consistently and you know that's gonna happen when you join then you can't complain.

personally i've never understood why there would be a "general chat" or "chit chat" section on those forums. the purpose of those forums are for product and customer support (especially in the case of plusnet where they removed the ticket system and forced everyone on to the phones that never get answered), not a place to hang out and shoot the breeze. plenty of other places to do that.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »

but if the customer moderator is applying the rules set then that would still happen.
But it doesn't on the Plusnet forums. There are any number of highly critical topics which are allowed to run with other users backing OPs who have genuine reasons to be unhappy. I bet if Plusnet were moderating themselves every such topic would be locked and handled out of sight by PMs.

As you've alluded to, most of the issues over moderation arise from the General Chat board - there is a simple solution which has been threatened a couple of times - bring it on!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »

But it doesn't on the Plusnet forums. There are any number of highly critical topics which are allowed to run with other users backing OPs who have genuine reasons to be unhappy. I bet if Plusnet were moderating themselves every such topic would be locked and handled out of sight by PMs.

because plusnet, we assume, don't have any rules in place that say moderators should remove such content.
support forums, by their nature, are going to be mostly about people who have problems or complaints. people don't sign up to say everything is working fine.

if plusnet were to remove threads that were critical then the forum would be empty! then again, that tells you something about plusnet... by give them time and they will get there.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »

... by give them time and they will get there.
:lol:
It's 18 months since I posted https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-I-have-left-Plusnet/m-p/1389353 - I was looking at it yesterday - how far have they moved forward with the issues I raised?

rongtw

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »

It had been noticed by a few members Via emails to me , that the suggestion was PN wanted a reason to remove me as i constantly mentioned the fact of their inability to fix long running problem ?
as you mention the removal of chat board  has been mentioned several times of late even by JonoH , but long time members have stated it was never a problem before they moved to lithium and a public forum :(

as a question ?  why do not the mods have to send a warning before any ban  :no:

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »

as a question ?  why do not the mods have to send a warning before any ban  :no:

one must never question the moderators!!

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »

So much drama for an ISP support forum! Guess I shouldnt even comment as I have no horse, but maybe policing the place where people come to vent about their service either takes a very heavy hand or offloading it to community members who care enough to put up with it? Either way it sounds like you have been unfairly treated, but its not like you can take it up with the courts.  :)

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 11:27:29 AM »

the problem with plusnet is that they have neutered most of their support channels.
you can't email them, you can't raise a ticket online (except for very specific situations).
they push you to use the phone lines (which end up waiting in queue for hours on end), or tell you to use the support forums.
of course, there is the online chat function, when they decide to make it available (which is totally random).

if they ban a customer from using the support forums then they remove 1 channel of support.
IMO if they choose to ban a customer from using one of the support channel they should allow that customer to leave without penalty if still in contract.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 11:44:02 AM »

I find this all quite depressing. I'm with PlusNet, but I haven't taken part in their forums for years, as I haven't needed any technical support. Now I'm wondering about the possibility of needing technical support in the future, and whether I want to be with PlusNet if/when that situation arises.
  Eric

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »

I find this all quite depressing. I'm with PlusNet, but I haven't taken part in their forums for years, as I haven't needed any technical support. Now I'm wondering about the possibility of needing technical support in the future, and whether I want to be with PlusNet if/when that situation arises.

good luck with that.
you'll either end up waiting hours getting your call answered, or playing potluck with the online chat where the other person has no idea what you're talking about. then if you do eventually get your issue raised, you'll sit wondering if anything will be done about.
by that point you'll post in the forum complaing about your issue and nothing being done about it. then one of the plusnet goons will stick their head in saying they are so sorry about what has happened and they'll send an email to someon asking it be picked up. they'll also promise that if you give them time they'll get there.

the problem with plusnet is this in a nut shell - when it works it's pretty good, when it doesn't work you are in the crapper.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 12:12:42 PM »

That is a pretty good summary and exactly why I left. I needed to know that if I had an issue it would be handled promptly by people who actually know what they are doing and I'm prepared to pay a bit more for that peace of mind.

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »

I thought you could still raise a ticket directly through faults.plus.net ?
VMG1312-B10A Bridge Mode to ASUS DSLAC68U

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 12:32:44 PM »

I thought you could still raise a ticket directly through faults.plus.net ?

for certain things, yes.
for other things you can't.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 12:42:12 PM »

or playing potluck with the online chat
If you can get in to it in the first place! Seems to be pot luck if it works - see this.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »

I understand the point made in favour of customer regulation, but I don’t agree. Customers are not accountable and not supervised. If they were then the company would be providing part of the moderation function, it would not be ‘customer-moderated’, but a cheapo hybrid, the worst of both worlds. The company is not fulfilling its obligations if it fails to provide staff members who are supervised, assessed and subject to at least some policies or guidelines. If a company engages in disgusting censorship, as in the example alleged, then that is up to them, as it is their show but then all right-thinking people can simply vote with their feet as it shows the company’s ethics up. That is the cost of the company not doing the right thing, losing the decent, thinking customers.

Sounds horrendous.

And welcome, rongtw!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:51:21 PM by Weaver »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

anything