Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: “Sense8” on Netflix  (Read 897 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
“Sense8” on Netflix
« on: June 09, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »

Incredible SciFi series, just been watching it. Very moving, a tidal wave of images.

V_R

• Reg Member
Re: “Sense8” on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 11:09:42 AM »

Yeah its very good, we binged the fist season in a couple of nights, then the second and the finale that was just released last night. Well worth a watch!
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:42:18 PM »

Its phenomenal, so sad they cancelled it but apparently it cost an extraordinary amount to shoot with all the locations. Glad there is at least the finale, but cant bring myself to watch it yet.

I envy you if you have just started it!  ;D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »

I binged the entire two seasons Friday and yesterday but have not watched the finale yet. So shhh.

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »

Yeah I read it cost more per episode than it did for the early Game of Thrones episodes, but obviously not as popular so Netflix decided to cancel it. A shame but I can see why they would.
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 03:10:08 AM »

I suspect that the cost was not the only reason. Much as I loved it I though that season 2 was taking the easy option and had got repetitive, forward motion kept getting stalled plus there were some side plot lines that I just didn't care about, but these are minor whinges compared to the beauty and emotional punch of it. The costs must have been phenomenal though: the action scenes combined with the multiple locations, little in-studio shooting I presume. I think it is like the longest Wachowskis’ movie ever made.

Somehow reminded me of The Unbearable Lightness of Being, which I saw on my own at Leicester Sq while my Mrs was away doing a show in Paris, and I was alone and at a loose end, wishing I had gone with her.

anything