Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.5.9  (Read 12022 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.5.9
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »

Very good description for the ailment, I have never heard this description before from my optician or GP, as a long term migraine sufferer I can certainly vouch for it's accuracy.

Definately appears to be a common factor, too much time in front of the PC's VDU.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

HaTaX

• Just arrived
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »

I can sympathize on the migraines, my trigger is fluorescent light for an extended time or any type of artificial sweeteners. If it's a full on migraine I'm down for the next 24 hours and a dark quiet room is my only reprieve.

My long code review sessions used to have my eyes bugging out where I used to get a 'focus circle' in the middle of my vision after hours. Kind of where the center of my vision is clear but the outer ring is a bit blurry and it makes reading things quickly a pain as it's easy to lose what line I'm on.

Something I'll throw out there that's really helped me a lot with spending a lot of time in front of the computer screen, Gunnar glasses.  They're specifically meant for viewing computer screens and help with eye fatigue & headaches associated with viewing monitors. Might be worth a shot to see if it helps, I picked my pair up for around $40 from Amazon about 2 or 3 years ago.  Here's a link to their site: https://gunnar.com/

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »

Thanks for the hint. I'll take a look at them.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything