Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.5.9  (Read 12027 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.5.9
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 01:47:57 AM »

Apologies for the following questions if they have already been answered elsewhere, but despite looking through the old 6.5.8 thread I would appreciate some clarification on a couple of queires please.

I was aware that DSLstats was aiming to upload the contents of the webserver folder but what I would like confirmation about is "Snapshots".
Are these the contents of the folders that DSLstats saves to ie CRC, ConnSpeed, FEC etc or is it something simpler than that?

When/if it uploads 'snapshots' how does it store them directorywise.  ie does it mirror the local directory configuration or are all files stored in one directory.   Reason I'm asking is that I may need to alter my code in history.php which relies on the graphs being in sub-directories on the remote server.

Does the integrated ftp in DSLstats do a synchronise before uploading any files or does it do a rewrite of all files.

I know that I'm a bit late discussing this topic, but as I've been successfully been using WinSCP and pulling live and history stats for the past few months with my scripts,  I've not been taking much notice as to whats been going on with DSLstats.  For the past 2-3 months my head has been totally tied up with converting the site to https and then straight on to GDPR and other site admin its only now that I've had any time to revisit anything to do with linestats.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 07:06:24 AM »

There's nothing to apologise for. I haven't properly documented the latest features yet.

All the FTP uploads (Data store, Webserver, Snapshots) are performed immediately after sampling, so they contain the latest data at the time of uploading.

Data store: the main stats are uploaded after every sample, the four per-tone zips are uploaded once an hour (i.e. the same timing as MDWS used to use).

Webserver: the frequency of the uploads is defined in the upload configuration.

Snapshots: all the local snapshots are processed according the Snapshots configuration, and if they're configured to be uploaded then this is done immediately after saving them locally. The way it works is that every snapshot is temporarily copied to an "Uploads" folder (including any manual snapshots which have been made since the last upload), then the entire contents of the Uploads folder is uploaded to daily folders on the server, and afterward the files are all deleted from the Uploads folder. The filenames of the uploaded snapshots are the same as the locally saved snapshots.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »

Thank you for taking the time to answer :)

It was the snapshots folders I was wondering most about and now that you have explained to me how they work, then I could probably turn off the WinSCP scripts and do everything using DSLstats and it should hopefully still work with history.php without any modifications.

With DSLstats passing the snapshots to a temporary folder that avoids a lot of the issues I was having developing the WinSCP script for snapshots which had been my sticking point for several months with my FTP script when my graph type folders contained many months/years of data.    If I had been on the ball and realised this earlier it would have saved me messing around with WinSCP trying to devise a more robust FTP script which was the only sticking point I had with history.php.   I must have totally missed that fact whilst I was somewhere in GDPR land.

However, if I have understood correctly,  it has made me aware that I perhaps need to develop history.php further to give an option for those who save folders in date ordered folders rather than categories. 

Thanks again for the excellent work you do with DSLstats.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »

Hi Kitz

Snap shots folder does upload by date order. I exported all my old folders so my old stuff is present.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »

Cheers.   All my DSLstat folders are saved as categories rather than date.   I'll switch off my Winscp scripts later and have a play with DSLstats. :)
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »

When I started my scripts I decided on sub-directories in date order so as to reduce the searching needed to find stuff, it does not matter whether the files are in name or date order within the date directory. I thought most folk would not want to look at more than a days worth of files. The historical data (in Datastore) is by date anyway so again my javascript graphs only show 1 day of data maximum. Hopefully this does not put too much strain on an RPi running a webserver, obviously using a hosted server the load is less problematic. What I refer to as Live files are the DSLStats own webserver files uploaded and they get replaced on each upload so there is only ever 1 file for each graph etc.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »

With Webserver uploads, is there an option to just update the .png files, or does the whole set of files html/htm etc get uploaded every time.

Not sure if that's an option in the existing version. I'm sort of thinking bandwidth ?

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:25 PM »

At present all the webserver files are uploaded. But if you don't need the webserver .html files you can configure it to just save snapshots, in which case only these will be uploaded. Or you could use snapshots directly of course, ignoring the webserver setup.
  Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »

Eric

Thanks, useful options there

Tony

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »

Using the notification option when ES exceed a entered figure, is it possible to stop the repeated emails each time the number increments. I assume it would stop anyway at the end of the current hour ?

Thanks. I might have missed a setting.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »

I've never actually considered that issue, but I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do about it, but I'm afraid it will take some time.
  Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »

Eric

Thanks.

Starless

• Just arrived
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 02:17:05 PM »

Just a tiny, tiny thing I noticed:

I've been playing around with Stuart's web scripts and tried using the snapshots FTP upload feature on DSLstats 6.5.9. I then noticed that the FTP uploads file name for SNR Margin graph doesn't seem to be the same as the "local" file name e.g. the local file is saved as "SNRMargin-xxxx-xx-xx-xx.xx.xx.png" however the FTP uploads file is named "SNRM-xxxx-xx-xx-xx.xx.xx.png"

Therefore Stuart's scripts weren't picking up the SNR Margin graphs. I had a quick look at changing the script but because the strings aren't distinct, it's going to pull the SNRMperbandUpstream and SNRMperbandDownstream graphs as well as the SNRM graph.

Might be me doing something wrong? I probably didn't explain it all that well, sorry  :-[.

Otherwise DSLstats 6.5.9 seems to be working perfectly on the Pi I have it running on. So thank you for the wonderful program.
AAISP FTTC 80/20 [BT back-haul] | Huawei 96 | VMG1312-B10A [bridge mode - 1508 MTU] | pfSense 2.4.4

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 03:00:44 PM »

Thank you for your comments, and I don't think it's you doing anything wrong. I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.
  Eric

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 03:42:46 PM »

One thing I've noticed, is there is a 4 retries and your out for FTP uploading.
I've noticed if my FTP server (NAS) is doing it's weekly virus scan it seems to lock up the FTP port and the transfer fails
DSLStats tries the 4 times and aborts. Could this be made user configurable?
#Tries and time between retries?

VMG1312-B10A Bridge Mode to ASUS DSLAC68U
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything