Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.5.8  (Read 5172 times)

marjohn56

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.5.8
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »

Yes, the programmers favourite error... do it a lot myself.  :'(
OPNsense 18.* - Billion Bridge - Qotom Q355G4 - ISP - ZEN U.K.

Team Rebellion Member

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »

Thanks Eric, regarding the delete older than I changed the value without restarting DSLStats if that makes a difference.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:30 AM »

Stuart: Do you recall exactly what the age of the deleted snapshots was? Did it correspond with the setting you had before you changed it?
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »

Yes I think so I'm pretty sure it was 10 days. It is still set to 60 days but today deleted the 19th May snapshots which would correspond to older than 10 days.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 12:38:39 PM »

I think it may be the case that the old setting is retained until you restart DSLstats. I'll test this on my own system, but it obviously shouldn't be necessary to restart.
  Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 06:28:36 PM »

Eric

I can confirm FTPS is working fine on my setup. However, it only works on P21 not P990. I thinking its falling back to explicit mode. (FTP over SSL/TLS explicit encryption)

I'm not sure how significant this is really.

Thanks for adding the FTPS, I can do everything I want to. Unfortunately at the moment I haven't worked out how to enable the Server 2016 that my host uses to parse .PHP files  :o Then I can try your scripts

Thanks Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »

Tony,

I've looked into this a bit more, and the curl --ssl option which I'm using at present does indeed specify explicit mode with fallback to port 21. There is an alternative which I could use: instead of --ssl I can specify the FTPS protocol in the URL by adding ftps:// instead of ftp:// in front of the domain name. This sets up implicit mode, but this mode does seem to be deprecated. So I suspect that the present situation is the preferred way to do it, but I would welcome your thoughts.

PS: One option which might be successful in your case would be to leave the port number blank. This causes curl to ask the server what port to use (passive mode). I have no idea if this will work, but it's easy to test.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:50:45 AM by roseway »
  Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »

Tony,

I've looked into this a bit more, and the curl --ssl option which I'm using at present does indeed specify explicit mode with fallback to port 21. There is an alternative which I could use: instead of --ssl I can specify the FTPS protocol in the URL by adding ftps:// instead of ftp:// in front of the domain name. This sets up implicit mode, but this mode does seem to be deprecated. So I suspect that the present situation is the preferred way to do it, but I would welcome your thoughts.

PS: One option which might be successful in your case would be to leave the port number blank. This causes curl to ask the server what port to use (passive mode). I have no idea if this will work, but it's easy to test.

Eric. Thanks. Don’t spend too much thought time on it. As it works in explicit mode on port 21 it’s fine for my purpose. I can’t see any major security issue. I will try leaving the port space blank to see if it works, I suspect it will.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Your work is so great for the community.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 06:20:30 PM »

Eric. Thanks. Don’t spend too much thought time on it. As it works in explicit mode on port 21 it’s fine for my purpose. I can’t see any major security issue. I will try leaving the port space blank to see if it works, I suspect it will.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Your work is so great for the community.

Yes it did, but put 21 back in the port box. I’ve left it at 21 with FTPS selected.

Thanks

Tony
Pages: 1 [2]

anything