Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Getting logged out  (Read 3314 times)

johnson

• Reg Member
Getting logged out
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:29:45 AM »

Twice this evening I have been logged out from the forum without hitting the button, previously I have been logged in persistently for weeks until choosing to log out.

Has an auto time out changed? Or something going wonky on my end?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Getting logged out
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:16:50 AM »

I had similar recently, I logged out on my works PC (which I hadn't logged in on for some time) and then found myself logged out on all my other devices.

I then had to log in several times before things settled down.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:12:13 AM »

I did a forced change for everyone on the 24th due to GDPR.  It will have shown you the new Privacy Policy and the updated registration agreement.  If you accept those then the software should remember your login and all should be good again.

There was a post about it here.  The software records a marker that you accepted the new policy and have read the updated registration agreement.  If you agreed to both,  then it should leave you alone. (Unless I make any updated changes in the future).

There was also a forced cookie acceptance policy the same day, but that is linked with the main site and will remember regardless if you accepted it on the forum or on the main site.   Because that is cookie related then you will get it again on different PCs/browsers, but it's totally unrelated to forum login.  The notification won't go away until you accept on that PC/browser.

The changes were necessary are with GDPR you must specifically opt in.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »

Thanks for the response kitz.

I accepted both of those and the log outs didnt happen till much later in the day, all from the same device...  ???

After the third time logging in it seems to have stuck. Must have gremlins in my cookies or something.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 12:30:23 PM »

Sorry - not sure.   As you say perhaps just Gremlins with me forcing the changes.  Glad that it seems ok now :)

I didn't write the code which records that you've read the updated agreements so not sure how it works from the database side of things other than its supposed to put a marker to say you've read & accepted.  I've been changing code but that is all on the html & css side and won't have any effect at all on login retention. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:26:45 PM »

Mine was prior to the 24th, much nearer the start of the week, but has been fine since.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »

my tapatalk had to relogin, ill check pc later

also tapatalk didnt show any agreements to agree to

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »

I think mine happend today for the first time. Not sure if it happend but I felt it logged me out by itself before I saw this can happen.
I got the agreement yesterday or the day before that, and I clear browser storage after logging out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:37:48 PM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

anything