Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Very frustrated with DLM inaction  (Read 4751 times)

johnson

• Reg Member
Re: Very frustrated with DLM inaction
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 08:37:04 AM »

Ah yes, too easy to assume everyone here is running Zyxel kit!  :D

Is your netgear router broadcom based, with the cap produced with xdslctl configure --maxDataRate?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »

Ah yes, too easy to assume everyone here is running Zyxel kit!  :D

Is your netgear router broadcom based, with the cap produced with xdslctl configure --maxDataRate?

Yes it is Broadcom, and yes the command is actually adslctl (that's Netgear for you)!!! but the syntax is the same.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 12:56:40 PM »

Yes it is Broadcom, and yes the command is actually adslctl (that's Netgear for you)!!! but the syntax is the same.

Stuart

Either adslctl or xdslctl work on my 6220.
They appear to behave identically.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 03:28:29 AM »

(And they could have just called it “dslctl”. And of course the technology of VDSL2 is still ADSL for with A for Asymmetric, never mind what the standards doc is called.)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »

Really annoyed this morning as DLM put me back on interleaving. The max ES I've had in 24 hours since the manual cap came off was 250 which according to Kitz calculator is Amber. DLM is being well over zealous. The manual cap was removed after I had the router off for 24 hours for some work in the house and does not survive a power off/on and that was on Wednesday.

Roll-on VM

Stuart

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »

Really annoyed this morning as DLM put me back on interleaving. The max ES I've had in 24 hours since the manual cap came off was 250 which according to Kitz calculator is Amber. DLM is being well over zealous. The manual cap was removed after I had the router off for 24 hours for some work in the house and does not survive a power off/on and that was on Wednesday.

Roll-on VM

Stuart

Could it be that you switched the router on somewhere late in the day and subsequently your MTBE exceeded the threshold?

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »

Get yourself a Draytek Vigor 130. I bet you interleaving gets removed within a couple of weeks!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »

Could it be that you switched the router on somewhere late in the day and subsequently your MTBE exceeded the threshold?

No it went off at 8am and back on at 8 am following day, also why wait till Saturday morning to do it when the outage started Wednesday. Surely it shold ignore the power down/up with a 24 hour gap, if not it is plain stupid.

No one is going to convince me DLM is fit for purpose.

Stuart

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 05:08:32 PM »

No it went off at 8am and back on at 8 am following day, also why wait till Saturday morning to do it when the outage started Wednesday. Surely it shold ignore the power down/up with a 24 hour gap, if not it is plain stupid.

No one is going to convince me DLM is fit for purpose.

Stuart

That sounds strange, 250 ES in roughly 16 hours shouldn't have triggered it I would've thought (even the calculator indicates that). There's quite a few unknowns about DLM though, such as what triggers banding only, or banding with interleaving, or just simply no banding with interleaving. If I had the option I would turn off DLM on my own line but sadly no such option exists, so the best I can do is be on the 'speed' profile and have a program (WIP) automatically intervene if my errors get too high for my own liking - as I prefer fastpath. Likewise reduce the SNRM target if they seem to be fine for a period of time.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »

Being with TalkTalk I am on the standard profile but even then it should have been amber and not triggered DLM.

Stuart
Pages: 1 [2]