Computers & Hardware > PC Hardware

New Mother Board Ram & CPU

(1/6) > >>

NewtronStar:
Have lost touch with modern CPU Intel & AMD chip sets it has been 8 years since this PC was upgraded to ASUS socket LGA775 pentium E6700 3.2Ghz.

I am looking at a motherboard bundle AMD Ryzen 5 2400G not a gamer anymore but do need intensive GPU requirements from time to time is this any good, unfortunately just can't afford one of  those Intel I7 CPU's  :no:

burakkucat:
I can't help with your query about a motherboard and AMD processor but just make the comment that in view of recent events, earlier this year regarding Intel processors, it is probably sensible to avoid all systems Intel based.

NewtronStar:
Cheers BC, just don't know much about these security flaws I suppose if you go looking for them you'll find one if your the paranoid type have always found ms CPU windows based systems secure to me if you have a titter of wit.

Used to use AMD in the late 90's just don't know how they perform these days,but what I do see they are much cheaper, the I7 7700k price for just the CPU is £256 the AMD bundle with Mother Board and 8GB of Ram and CPU costs only £286  :)

Weaver:
It depends on what you want in the way of performance and on what kind of software you will be using.

I would say that it is worth making sure the CPU in question has the instruction set you need so that it can run very recent software. Apart from that, slightly older processors have excellent performance.

As a programmer myself, if concerned with performance on very recent software or if writing your own software I would definitely stick with Intel, since they define developments in the x86-64 instruction set again nowadays.

Ronski:
Ryzen CPUs are very good value for money, they still can't win on single core performance but are very good when it comes to multi threaded applications.

They are what caused Intel to release the new range of 6 core and up CPUs.

Do you need integrated graphics, would a higher core count be more suitable or is single core performance more important?

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-2400g

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version