Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Request to check my line stats  (Read 1244 times)

MrMike

Request to check my line stats
« on: May 18, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »

I'm looking for someone to advise on my line stats please. If they're within normal ranges for my line length / attenuation then I'm happy. But based on BT's DSLChecker it seems that I could be seeing better upload rates to what I'm getting, at least in theory of course subject to crosstalk etc.

Some acknowledgements: I appreciate that I'm on a long line length to the cabinet and that being on an ECI line I don't get all the bells and whistles that some on Huawei lines receive. My line is interleaved with 8ms added on the downstream and has been ever since G.INP was removed a few years ago. My modem is a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A I have added BT's DSLChecker page as a link on my stats page.

DSLStats has only been running for a few minutes, so I appreciate it if a full days worth of stats is required to form a better picture. Thanks in advance!

Stats URL removed due to answer received.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:19:46 PM by MrMike »

GaryW

Re: Request to check my line stats
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »

In your "Items to monitor" tab, please can you check "Include with bitloading" under "SNR per tone"?

The bitloading looks pretty poor for upstream, and I suspect it's similar behaviour to what I see on my line (also ECI cab with coincidentally the same modem/router that you have).  If that's the case, you may see better upstream sync with a Lantiq-based modem, although there's a chance you may also see worse downstream sync.

(If you want to see really bad US sync, see my topic in this forum   ??? )
EE 4G - Huawei B618s-22d - BT WHWF

MrMike

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:38:30 PM »

Thank you for your response. I have now enabled "Include with bitloading".

GaryW

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »

Interesting - so it's not showing the same behaviour as my line, which typically seems to load 1 bit less per tone on the US than the SNR suggests it should be able to.  In other words, it looks like your modem is loading as many bits into US0 and US1 as it can given the SNR per tone.  My hunch is that the dslchecker estimate assumes you'll be able to load some bits into US2, which clearly isn't happening because the SNR is too low.
EE 4G - Huawei B618s-22d - BT WHWF

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:32 PM »

Your HLog has a wee bit of wobble going on from U1 and into the D2 band making me think there may be a slight wiring issue.

My own HLog on long line just as a comparison only.

anything