Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which? Report  (Read 3328 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Which? Report
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »

Be good to see these ISPs that people were paying 'big money' for that were selling an illusion. I'd hope that anyone with the ability to spend 'big money' is capable of reading the personalised estimate supplied them under the Ofcom code before they agree to pay their 'big money'.

As I said in my last post the problem is that copper broadband hardly ever delivers what it should do and this is why advertising as been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole for many years.

We have to acknowledge that most people aren't like us. They don't look at the small print, and might not even take notice of the estimated speed. They just want broadband thats working and as cheap as possible. As long as it does what they want then they are happy.

An example of my point is if you and me were running rival ISP's and you advertised upto 76MB and I was advertising the average connection att 66MB. You would get more people disappointed than I would based on perception of service. That's my thoughts on it. I guess we'll see what happens after the changes and see if the complaints level as dropped any.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »

Hopefully the requirement to provide personalised estimates put paid to that one, however I am a humanist and at times have definitely had too much faith in my fellow human being  ;D

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 11:22:37 PM »

I guess we'll see what happens after the changes and see if the complaints level as dropped any.

People will always complian, no matter what.  The real question is, will the media consider whether he complaints are valid, and take the complaints seriously?

For Which?,  consumer complaints are their bread and butter, they are not impartial.   Broadband complaints are a big earner for Which? and I’d not expect them to relax their grip on that market anytime soon, no matter what action ISPs may take.   Which? Will do what they will do, based solely on whatever will earn themselves the most money.

Pages: 1 [2]