Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: G.INP Reactivation.  (Read 11652 times)

maniac886

• Just arrived
Re: G.INP Reactivation.
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »

Just to provide an update to this thread - it's taken over 2 months but G.INP has finally been activated again and I now have around 5-6Mbps increase downstream. The stats are actually better than when I was with my previous provider BT.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »

I am glad it has returned for you but sorry it took 2 months and unacceptable we have to wait that long for a very important attribute on the VDSL service to be reinstated it used to take 2 days for G.INP to come back now it's more like 2 months

Assia Court case or not this has become ridiculous  >:(

First of all it changes my mind on moving to another provider second it stops me of even thinking of getting an OR engineer to visit premises to fix a possible fault in case he/see resets the DLM not so much an open ISP market

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:24:04 PM by NewtronStar »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2016, 10:24:14 PM »

I've had G.INP on my downstream for ages but not on the upstream, even though I used to.

I guess I don't really need it as I've only had 1700 or so ES on the upstream in the last 70+ days but what are the requirements to have it added?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »

No its only applied on upstream if DLM thinks you need it and if you are on Huawei, which you are. 
I dont know what the criteria is, but presumably the Err/Sec count as per old system. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2016, 10:40:52 PM »

I've had G.INP on my downstream for ages but not on the upstream, even though I used to.

You can force it to turn on G.INP on the upstream but that only works for 2 days and then your back to fastpath and please don't ask me to give details on how to force G.INP on the upstream in this forum  ;)

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:26 AM »

My new line installed on 20th May has had G.INP enabled just this morning. Slight increase in attainable.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

planetf1

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2016, 01:43:57 AM »

Funnily enough my G.INP seemed to come back on the 15 August!

Now it's just gone back to the suspiciously capped 34999 (SNR currently 7.8). I dd get up to 37.5-38.0  ish many months ago before my silly idea of tryin a HH5a internal modem!

I wonder if BT did some G.INP change en-masse... strange co-incidence, though admittedly mine stopped when I did infinity recontract (and hence line reset it seems)

Wish the 35k cap would do one... been on a HG612 for many months now. (and the line is rock stable.. for weeks, months on end until BT force a resync as for profile reset, G.INP activation)

maniac886

• Just arrived
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »

Just an interesting update to this  - I moved to IDNET on 19/12/2017 and G.INP was disabled. It's only just re-enabled 2 days ago so thats 5 months since I switched!

My downstream max rate has increased to 68911kbps from around 62000kbps and upstream 15852kbps from around 12000kbps. Welcome increase with the speed but can't believe it's taken this long!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]