Internet > Web Hosting & Web Design

SSL certificate from 123-reg on IIS6

(1/3) > >>

chenks:
anyone know anything about IIS6 and installed SSL certficates?

someone has bought an SSL certificate for their domain from 123-ref (who the domain was bought from).
the website is hosted by themselves on an Windows 2003 Server running IIS6 (yes i know).

the cert has come thru from 123-ref and the end result of their instructions give 2 files

yourdomain.crt
gs_intermediate_ca.crt

unfortunately the instructions 123-reg provide for IIS6 seems to be a little vague (approaching wrong).
https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/ssl-certificates/installing-your-ssl-iis-5-iis-6/

i'm fine up until step 7, but step 8 is where it goes amiss.
it doesn't say which of the two files should be applied here, and anyway IIS seems to be wanting a .cer file rather than a .crt file.

anyone assist?

Chrysalis:
certificate response file probably means the main certificate not the CA.

What you may need to do is merge both certificates into one file if IIS does not support having 2 certificates added.

chenks:
well i don't know if IIS supports it or not.
as you can see, the instructions from 123-reg don't appear to be correct.

Chrysalis:
yes they omit how to add the CA which is why I suggested to merge the file and just add the merged file, I have no experience with using windows to host websites.

d2d4j:
Hi

You can rename your domain.crt to your domain.cer and use that

The .ca.crt needs adding into trust but not got time to show pics or do a full run out. If I have time tommorow I will and post for you

The only issue which you may be aware of, is TLS and it may not work well with TLSv1.2

Many thanks

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version