Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VMG1312-B10A vs VMG1312-B10D, Other ZyXELs and Competitors as Modems  (Read 986 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I would appreciate a recap.

Leaving aside everything else but DSL performance and reliability when used as modem only, what is the difference between the B10A and the 10D, other ZyXEL modems and other high end contenders? Also differences in terms of design and implementation details ?

If anyone has anything to say about bugs that affect use confined solely to modem-only mode then I would be grateful to hear opinions.

Is ZyXEL likely to feel there is a niche now left unfilled since they have I believed stopped making the B10A? Will there be a new product with very high-end modem capabilities?

As many of you know, I have three ultra-long (7300m) 65dB downstream attn ADSL2 BT lines. So not considering VDSL2 performance. I am not using these devices as routers, modems only, so only DSL raw performance and reliability matters, but MTU 1500+8 = 1508 RFC 4638 baby jumbo frames support when used as a PPPoE modem is a killer feature for me too.