Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Modem/Router GUI - Layout Problem in Safari iPad  (Read 882 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick

On eg iPad the router needs a fix to the CSS because the main icon bar along the bottom that shows Connection | Network setting | Security | System monitor | Maintenance obscures the bottom part of the main window contents behind it it and so you can't read the later parts of the main window! Maybe they thought that the user might somehow scroll the main window - which is behind - upwards to reveal the rest,  it trying to do so in Safari / iPad just doesn't work - the whole screen contents, icon bar and all, scrolls up then just ‘twangs’ back down again, completely pointlessly and doesn't reveal anything more anyway, not even temporarily.

The only way to see what is there that I have found is to use a view-source type tool. Unfortunately even trying to force the use of a typeface with a smaller point size doesn't work either for some reason.

Actually, anyone who is good with CSS, especially if they have an iPad - iPad Pro large screen in my case - could try to knock up a CSS fix? Then perhaps one of our custom image-building friends could include include that new CSS for the benefit of all Safari iOS iPhone / iPad users. I speak CSS to a limited degree, although I am incredibly rusty, but I don't have the tools to allow me to test a mod.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:40:22 AM by Weaver »