Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

ZyXEL Modems - eg VMG1312-B10A - Custom Firmware MTU 1508 Maintenance

(1/29) > >>

Weaver:
Referring to the v14-based custom firmware for the ZyXEL VMG 11312-B10A on github that was referred to in a neighbouring thread earlier, I would very much like someone here to build it from the sources, if they have not already done so, or help me do it myself. (To do it myself though I would need to get a VM (i386 / P6) going for a build machine and a lot of help because I although a very experienced C programmer I am very new to Linux still.)

This is partly because I would really like to be able to keep this branch up to date with other fixes and updates that come from the main branch of development and from other Broadcom and ZyXEL insights.

Would anyone be kind enough to join in / offer to help us out? There are a few of us using this custom v14-based firmware now.

[Admins: would it be an idea to make this a new thread, what do you think ?

johnson:
I have built it from a git clone of Olipro's repo and it successfully boots, I have yet to test it on my line though.

I found a few hiccups to get around in the build process and was brewing up to making a thread like this myself detailing them.

I have also acquired the VMG1312-B10A and VMG8324-B10A sources from zyxel and can share the dropbox links they gave me.

Next on the list is trying to build straight from zyxels sources, and trying the changes for the 8324.

Weaver:
Your efforts are very very much appreciated sir. Thank you! Indeed, please keep us informed, am very interested.

Weaver:
Btw I presume it uses a C or C++ cross-compiler, for what? MIPSx, ARMx target ?

johnson:
Yeah, Zyxel supplied a cross compiler for the MIPS architecture the BCM63168 is based on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version