Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VMG3925 Quick Start Wizard Not Working  (Read 862 times)

loo

VMG3925 Quick Start Wizard Not Working
« on: October 14, 2022, 08:32:49 AM »

I have two VMG3925-B10C's. A slightly older OEM one with f/w V5.13(AAVF.14)C0 still installed, and a newer, recently debranded/unlocked one, now running lastest f/w V5.13(AAVF.18)C0.

I can get them to connect to my current ADSL2+ service (JLewis AKA PlusNet) by manual settings, but the Quick Start Wizard fails on both at Step 2 - Internet with message WAN port is down. Please plug in the Internet line.

I could understand this for a virgin router whose defaults settings might not work with a particular ISP, but it makes no sense to me when the router is already connected, working and able to present line stats.

Anybody throw some light on this please?

Thanks,

Loo

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: VMG3925 Quick Start Wizard Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 08:37:28 AM »

If memory serves me correctly the wizard has always been somewhat flaky on quite a few Zyxel routers. My guess would be that as these are usually ISP supplied they've just not spent much development time on it.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

loo

Re: VMG3925 Quick Start Wizard Not Working
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 08:50:23 AM »

I dont believe the older router is ISP provided as I can look up its crudentials by s/n on the ZyXel website. Whereas the debranded one IS recognise as an ISP device and further info is withheld.

Of course, the QSW may be ZyXel coding, hence flakey in all VMG3925's! Pretty poor if that's the case - not sure I'm as impressed with these routers as I'd hoped...