Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Firebrick FB2700 Web Edit Box Jiggling with iPad Safari  (Read 821 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Firebrick FB2700 Web Edit Box Jiggling with iPad Safari
« on: May 09, 2018, 02:50:06 AM »

I think this is something new with the latest Firebrick FB2700 release Zander (V1.47.100 2018-04-19T17:43:45). When you are using the web ui and editing the config XML text in a huge edit box window, on my iPad sometimes when you scroll the window contents up / down the vertical position of all the text vibrates or jiggles wildly up and down by a good distance, which is very ugly and disconcerting.

Is anyone else seeing this ?

It might be an iOS Safari-related thing to do with assumptions about the sizes of things.

It might be only true if the virtual keyboard is showing and I haven't tried it in portrait mode only in landscape.

There have been some changes relating to that page as some cosmetic changes are visible.

I wonder if javascript is guilty, have not looked into that.

Also I ought to disable my own custom CSS changes which the Firebrick is using, but I'm pretty sure there was no problem until recently and my own CSS has been in use for months. It's aimed at reducing the base size of the typefaces everywhere to be comfortable on the iPad Pro, removing some decoration to make more room for content and completely redoing the layout of the general ‘status’ page so the content fits in the window in landscape mode and looks prettier. (Posted up in an earlier thread maybe?)

[Moderator edited: s/Firbrick/Firebrick/]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:27:03 PM by burakkucat »