Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Another custom web interface for DSLStats data (by Broadstairs aka Stuart)  (Read 14067 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen

I now have the band plan colouring and naming done for the graphs of the zip files. As yet I have only done this for my bands on my VDSL connection to an ECI cabinet. If someone can let me know what the bands are for VDSL on a Huawei cabinet that would be helpful. Also of help would be a sample of a zip file for the same. One other question perhaps Eric can answer, is there any way of telling from the stats.log file whether the cabinet is ECI or Huawei?

As to ADSL is there an equivalent band plan or is this not worth doing? I've been on VDSL for so long now I have no data from my ADSL days.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

Here's the band plan for a Huawei DSLAM:

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2782)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3959)

The DSLAM type can't (as far as I know) be determined from the full stats (the output from the command "<command prefix> info --stats") but it's in the first line of the DSLstats Stats summary.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen

Here's the band plan for a Huawei DSLAM:

The DSLAM type can't (as far as I know) be determined from the full stats (the output from the command "<command prefix> info --stats") but it's in the first line of the DSLstats Stats summary.

Thanks Eric.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen

Eric one further question. When I look at the band plan for my line the final one is different to the initial one although only on the DS1 band so which one should I display?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

The problem with the final band plan is that it's potentially different for every connection. You can drive yourself mad trying to deal with all the combinations which appear in practice. That's what I used to try to do with DSLstats. The unallocated tones are the ones I displayed in blue. What happened in practice was that some of the unallocated tones appeared to actually be in use. Now for the sake of my sanity I use the discovery phase band plan, which is what HG612-Stats always did. Using this you can be confident that you won't mix up the upstream and downstream tones.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen

The problem with the final band plan is that it's potentially different for every connection. You can drive yourself mad trying to deal with all the combinations which appear in practice. That's what I used to try to do with DSLstats. The unallocated tones are the ones I displayed in blue. What happened in practice was that some of the unallocated tones appeared to actually be in use. Now for the sake of my sanity I use the discovery phase band plan, which is what HG612-Stats always did. Using this you can be confident that you won't mix up the upstream and downstream tones.

Thanks Eric I will follow your lead.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen

I have now got the zip files graphing along with the stats.log. I have also made some structural changes and now the user variables part is now one separate file for both scripts which will hopefully clear up what directories and what. For the zip files there is another option to select either Huawei or ECI to get the correct band plan, the default on start is Huawei but it will remember the selection for the duration of the script running.

I have a little more testing to do and will in a day or so send out new copies to all those who have requested them. I have made it clear that the FTP capability is not secure and should only be used on a local lan and I do not intend to add SFTP capability as I believe for the majority of users it will not be necessary.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen

Thanks to Eric since DSLStats V6.5.8 all the files needed for display or graphing can now be FTP's to a server directly from DSLStats, this can be a local FTP server (say on a NAS) or an external server for subsequent display on the internet.

I have decided now to make these scripts available for download from my website at https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/code/Scripts.zip. If you have any questions or problems either PM me or update this thread.

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen

I have just tested adding the LEFTRS delta DS, LEFTRS delta US, rtx_tx delta DS and rtx_tx delta US to my stats.php script as it was suggested on another thread it might be useful for G.INP and the data is available on the stats.log file. It is fairly easy to add stuff which is already in the stats.log file data, however I cannot test the validity as I dont have G.INP on my ECI cab  :-X

If anyone needs to test this let me know and I'll update my script zip file with this.

Stuart

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

Hi Stuart

I can test it my other line which is on huawei cab. if you are happy to send it I would like to try it as running your scripts already  ;)

Thanks

Ned

broadstairs

• Kitizen

Ned I've updated the download file with the updated Stats.php so just pull the zip again and try out the Stats.php file. The only change was those G.INP things.

Stuart

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

Thanks Stuart

Looks like its pulling data ok. This line has g.inp on huawei ..

https://www.team-rebellion.net/bmax/Stats.php

cheers

broadstairs

• Kitizen

Thanks for putting that up. At least it seems to be graphing OK.  I assume it is correct. I can add most things which are in the stats.php file which are capable of being graphed quite easily now, I just need to know what is really interesting as I dont want to add everything just in case.

Stuart

Terry74

Re: Another custom web interface for DSLStats data (by Broadstairs aka Stuart)
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »

Hi
Thought I'd like to view historical results from DSLstats, so, set up a new raspberry pi html server with apache and php and installed a combination of kitz script with your script in the /var/www/html directory. My raspi running DSLstats sftp's to this new raspi html server.
Found no graphs drawn for bits, qln, hlog and snr. Looking through your code, realised that all these come from zipped files, and the unzipping wasn't working. Your commented out "echo" lines were very helpful.
A fair bit of googling later lead me to install php-zip (sudo apt-get install php-zip) on this new html server.
Your excellent program now displays all the graphs.
Thanks for your work.

Just in case someone else was wondering.
Terry

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: Another custom web interface for DSLStats data (by Broadstairs aka Stuart)
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »

Not sure if this should be a new topic, moderators, please move if deemed necessary.

Having recently signed up for web hosting with John (d2d4j on this forum) I am in the process of posting my router stat's on line, harvested via DSLStats running on a RPi 3B and displayed on Broadstairs utility.
Currently uploading only SNRM, Conn Speed, CRC Errors, ES's & Avg Error Rates as snapshots on a once every 2 day basis.
All snapshots display when web accessed via their dated folder with the exception of SNRM which exibits "no valid file found".

After further investigation very much with assistance from John (d2d4j) who has been fantastically supportive, identified that the SNRM.png file name was changing from "SNRMargin-(+ date & time stamp).png" to "SNRM-(+ date & time stamp).png" at some stage during the upload process as the file was correctly named in the RPi .dslstats/snapshots folder.
If the SNRM file on the web server is re-named or manually uploaded using the web server file manager (and over written) with the correct file name, display via Broadstairs utility is normal.

Can't currently explain why this is happening, John is presently trying to replicate the issue from his RPi / web server using a similar 2 day time scale.

As quite a few forum members are now uploading and publicising their router stat's via DSLStats to an on line server, was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue ?
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4