Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Another custom web interface for DSLStats data (by Broadstairs aka Stuart)  (Read 14071 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Another custom web interface for DSLStats data (by Broadstairs aka Stuart)
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »

Looking at this on my system here I can see that the files are FTP'd by DSLStats with a new name, however I had not noticed this because my webserver is on the same PC as DSLStats so my data files are simply created by DSLStats locally. I use DSLStats to archive my files to a NAS and that uses FTP where I can see the files have their names changed.

So bottom line is that this is a DSLStats issue with roseway needs to look at.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »

Yes, this has been reported and I agree that it's a bug, but for some time now I've been very limited by a sight problem when viewing screens for more than a few minutes. I'm trying to do a little programming at a time, and I'll give this issue my best shot as soon as I can.
  Eric

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2018, 05:05:42 PM »

Looking at this on my system here I can see that the files are FTP'd by DSLStats with a new name, however I had not noticed this because my webserver is on the same PC as DSLStats so my data files are simply created by DSLStats locally. I use DSLStats to archive my files to a NAS and that uses FTP where I can see the files have their names changed.

So bottom line is that this is a DSLStats issue with roseway needs to look at.

Stuart

Stuart, many thanks for confirming this and indeed for the provision and use of your utility program.

I know that Eric (roseway) is somewhat indisposed at the moment so reluctant to submit any queries or help requests at present.
From another angle, is there any way I can easily modify your program code to look for the modified SNRM file name, making the assumption that it must be expecting the original SNRMargin- (+ date & time stamp).png format and generating the "file not found" error in it's absence ?

I appreciate that each SNRM.png file uploaded will be unique by virtue of it's date & time stamp, it's the name prefix change (SNRMargin to SNRM) that's causing the issue.

I am using the latest program you have made public on your web site.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2018, 05:10:15 PM »

Unfortunately I am also not in a position to promise anything right now. I will try to take a look in the next few days. Basically if you are familiar with PHP you could try to find the part which defines the prefix used to list the directory and alter it.

Stuart

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »

Yes, this has been reported and I agree that it's a bug, but for some time now I've been very limited by a sight problem when viewing screens for more than a few minutes. I'm trying to do a little programming at a time, and I'll give this issue my best shot as soon as I can.

Many thanks Eric, was posting a reply at the same time.

Did not realise that this was a known issue, apologies for the repetition.
I fully appreciate your limitations at present, hope things improve in the very near future, I can certainly work around this now having established (very much with John's (d2d4j) help) exactly what the issue is.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »

Unfortunately I am also not in a position to promise anything right now. I will try to take a look in the next few days. Basically if you are familiar with PHP you could try to find the part which defines the prefix used to list the directory and alter it.

Stuart

Completely understand Stuart, I'am certainly not a php coding expert but I will have a go, as long as I keep an original file can always go back !

Just a quick hint, where is the relevant coding likely to exist, DSLgraphs.php or Stats.php file ?

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »

Hi

@broadstairs and roseway - many thanks

@tiffy - we have changed the php to reflect the new snrm name for you, which should work going forward. We changed the snrmmargin file to snrm and tested, which displays lovely

The change needs to happen in DSLgraphs.php and simply change SRNMargin to SRNM. All other png appear to work from our test outside of tiffy

Many thanks

John

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »

Just one further comment. I believe it needs to be considered a bit more as anyone running on a local web server is getting SRRMargin as a prefix and anyone using FTP will get SNRM as a prefix so whichever way Eric goes will mess up one or the other. I'll try to take a look to see if I can cope with either, but it will take a few days.

Stuart

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2018, 08:42:43 PM »

@d2d4j

John, thank you for the edit of my DSLgraphs.php file on the server, change noted.
Strangley enough, both SNRM & SNRMargin suffix .png files now open, I had earlier changed my file names suffix's to SNRMargin and I noted that you had changed my latest date file back to SNRM suffix in order to test, both permutations now open from Broadstairs utility !

@broadstairs

Stuart, yes, I'am sure your point is valid and will need to be sorted in the longer term between yourself and Eric, however, the file edit as identified by John will give you both a bit of breathing space.

Many thanks to both for your help and support.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »

I have just taken a quick look at my code and the fix you've done only works if you have only SNRM files and none of the SNRMPerBand files as well. So I need to take some time to work out if I can handle both file names easily. 

Certainly in my view all the files should be identical whether you use a local web server or one where files are FTP'd to a remote server, however whatever Eric decides will cause some aggravation to users as they will end up with a mix of file names and in that case a PHP script to rename the offending files to the correct name would be easiest to fix up the issue.

Stuart

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »

Hi broadstairs

Many thanks

I have sent you a pm so you can see on our platforms as it does appear to work. Note the domain I sent is a test only

Many thanks

John

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »

In order to cope with both versions I have changed my code to provide two selection options in the drop down. You can select SNRM- or SNRMargin depending on which files you need to look for and this also eliminates the problem of showing other files with a prefix of SNRM which some including me have in the web server directories.

It's a simple change to line 5 in the DSLGraphs.php script

Code: [Select]
$filename = array("" ,"Bitloading" ,"Bitswap" ,"CRC" ,"ES" ,"FEC" ,"HLog" ,"QLN" ,"SES" ,"SNRM-" ,"SNRMargin" ,"SNRMperbandDownstream" ,"SNRMperbandUpstream" ,"SNRpertone" ,"Speed" ,"AverageErrors" ,"ConnectionStats" ,"Stats" ,"Traffic" );

This change is only required when using the FTP function of DSLStats to upload the graph files to a web server or in my case a NAS box which the server accesses via FTP itself. Once Eric decides how to fix this then we can look again as to what to do to clean it up.

One last thing the regression which caused this may have happened around the end of May and the start of June this year because that's when my file names changed from SNRMargin to SNRM
in my directories where they are FTP'd to by DSLStats. Just looked at my downloads directory and I can see two versions of DSLStats around that time 6.5.6 and 6.5.8 and I suspect the latter may be the culprit.

Stuart
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:55:30 PM by broadstairs »

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2018, 02:36:00 PM »

@broadstairs

Many thanks for the file revision, will update my server files accordingly.

As reported earlier, since the edit that John made to my server php file last night, changed "SNRMargin" to "SNRM" both uploaded SNRM suffix variations are opening without any issues, have tried both permutations.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything