Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anything good to watch on Netflix or Amazon these days?  (Read 3556 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Anything good to watch on Netflix or Amazon these days?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 09:05:53 PM »

Regarding The Man in the High Castle, scary stuff. I thought that season 2 was better than season 1, more satisfying, so stick with it.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »

I've even found myself reading other viewers theories as it helps me catch bits I may have missed.

Careful with that, a lot of people got quite angry during the first seasons run after fans worked out several major twists after only a few episodes.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 09:27:39 PM »

I didn't know that Westworld season 2 was showing now. Where is it to be found? (Need to download it really, live streaming is not so easy at my modest speeds.) I will definitely wait though until the whole season is available otherwise it will drive me mad.

johnson

• Reg Member

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »

I would never spoil it for anyone. Bad habit I've got into reading up on stuff though. I done it with lost.
It's on sky Atlantic on a Monday 9pm.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 06:52:26 AM »

I'd like to say that if anyone is considering watching Lost In Space on netflix, please dont if you value your sanity.

Its probably the worst science fiction I have ever suffered through. There are almost no redeeming features, the characters are one dimensional and unlikeable, constant contrived peril, but the worst is its treatment of science/tech. Its like they had a consultant for these things and did something to upset them so they made it their mission to make it as unbelievable and stupid as possible.

There are too many glaring examples to list, but one that irritated me a lot was spaceship fuel that they go out of their way to describe as liquid methane then behaves as a fluid at atmospheric temp/pressure.

I would say its worth a hate watch if you're in that kind of mood, but I'm upset I even gave netflix my viewing stats, let alone anyone else's.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »

Think I'll be giving that one a miss then!

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 10:55:40 PM »

Johnson is right. I won't argue. And I enjoyed it, so that shows the effect of all the drugs. I loved the visuals and the design of the robot was great. I had wondered how they would rework such a cheesy ancient comedy series. My credibility such that it was is now zero. Actually Johnson missed one bit, the bit where they magically made spaceship fuel out of batshit scraped up, er, with shovels or something?

Have just watched the fourth season of Bosch - superb as ever. Am about to watch Goliath season two.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:59:17 PM by Weaver »

rpdmallett

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »

I've recently enjoyed FlashForward on Amazon.  22 episodes (from 2009) and no series 2 coming - but worth a try.

My (teenage) kids and I have thoroughly enjoyed Lost in Space, and also The Rain (dubbed from Danish) - both on Netflix.

If you've not tried The Expanse (Netflix), please do so - a great SciFi, with lots of science errors as ever (but unfortunately necessary if you want to travel from A to B in the solar system in a reasonable amount of time).

And definitely Westworld (Sky / NowTV) - season 2 is great.

Oh, and try Rick & Morty (Netflix) if you don't mind a ridiculously crazy / rude / science cartoon.  Some great ideas in every episode.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »

I enjoyed FlashForward but then it just err, stopped. Nightmare!

The Expanse is excellent. I could not get into The Rain, too depressing and Danish is a nightmare language.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:01:12 PM by Weaver »

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 07:47:32 PM »

I've not long finished watching the rain. It was not too bad once you get into it.
I quite enjoyed flash forward too. Pity it got cancelled.
Looking forward to tomorrows episode of Westworld.
Pages: 1 [2]