Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Changes to the forum re GDPR  (Read 3536 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Changes to the forum re GDPR
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »

I am in the process of updating the site & forum to be GDPR compliant.    There are some changes I am about to undertake.

Over the coming week the following amendments will occur within the forum software.

• The ability to input your gender into your profile has been disabled.   We have no interest in storing information about your gender
  • Any information you may have previously input in your profile page about your gender will be deleted from the database
  • Your forum profile allows you to voluntarily input your age and location.  We do not collect this information for any purpose and it is entirely up to you whether you wish to share this information
  • To avoid any confusion over consent, we shall soon be deleting any information that may have been input into either of the above fields in the past.   If you wish to re-enter that information you can do so, as all content in your profile is editable by you and under your control
  • In the past the forum software used to automatically send out a birthday wish message.   Because I shall be clearing the DoB field, then future messages will be disabled.

There will be further announcements and a full announcement when everything  is complete, but I'm just working my way through various steps that need doing and this topic serves to notify you if you wonder why information that you may have previously input into your profile has vanished.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Changes to the forum re GDPR
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 09:54:44 PM »

The following fields in the database which could be said to contain personal data have all been cleared

- aim
- yim
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 10:51:05 PM »

All the work you do much appreciated. Would love to help in any way I can, but I'm pretty much out of it most of the time (drugs).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 10:59:15 PM »

Possibly overkill because it is an opt in setting, but since some accounts have been around for years, I'm erring on the side of caution and reset everyone's account so that Allow other members to email me has been reset to no.

The  "Allow users to email me" function doesn't disclose your email address to other members, but allows the forum to send an email on your behalf to another member who has opted in.
Apologies to those 90+ members whose account has been reset, but you can easily resubscribe from your profile > account settings if you wish :)
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 11:16:22 PM »

All the work you do much appreciated. Would love to help in any way I can, but I'm pretty much out of it most of the time (drugs).

Thank you.   Yup tell me about it. 
Although not on morphine I take a few forms of pain relief too, one of those I've recently been prescribed is gabapentin for nerve pain.   I lost a whole 10+ days when I started taking it and haven't a clue what I did.   When I mentioned this to the consultant last week, he did say it was sometimes known as a zombie drug  ???  Although it is toning down the nuero pain unfortunately it doesn't do anything for my fingers and hands swelling.   So I just do what I can on good days at snail pace :)
-----

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 11:42:45 PM »

I tried gabapentin, didn't work but made me feel a bit weird, am now on extremely high doses of pregabalin which is similar stuff but works using a different mechanism I believe. Zombie drug is right. I am on Fentanyl patches too which don't seem to work but then you get the problems of severe addiction, plus dihydrocodeine as and when. Oddly the best thing of all is paracetamol, but it only lasts for two hours or so.

If you told me that you were on gabapentin then I must have forgotten. I can certainly understand and am thinking about you. My hands are very good now compared to what they were. It's mainly my legs and face. Mrs has arthritis in her hands and takes codeine for them.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 10:46:14 AM »

I swear by Aspro Clear, which sadly was discontinued a long time ago in the UK. Great for pain relief (especially headaches), nothing else seems to beat it in my experience. I order mine occasionally from a pharmacy in New Zealand.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 01:47:02 PM »

Ixel, good tip. Noted.