Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: tapatalk  (Read 3097 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
tapatalk
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »

I still use this to access kitz albeit the 6.4.x version. All the newer versions scrapped pagination and have endless scrolling instead.

I have observed a few forums have dropped it that I use, and noticed my junk folder is full of spam from trendings@tapatalk for forums I have never used before.

Did a bit of googling and seems tapatalk has started spamming users, hijacking links and all other sort of other nastyness, seems a massive cash grab. The review section on the play store is not pretty either.

Its a real shame, because there seems to be no other app to compete against tapatalk and I think trying to use forums on a browser on a smartphone is just too awkrawd.

I posted this here, because kitz has mentioned in the past about ad revenue and if tapatalk are playing games it could be compromising the ad revenue for this site, one forum admin said his site revenue went up 900% after removing tapatalk..  Although I would hate to lose tapatalk access as then it means using a browser.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:27:35 PM by Chrysalis »

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »

Have you tried using the raw format of these forums which has all the formatting stripped out? Works OK in a browser on a very small screen - see attached sample screenshot. Generally you add ?wap2 or ;wap2 to the URLs.

Start from http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?wap2 (there's a link to that in the footer of every page).

Posts since last visit: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?action=unread;wap2 (only works if logged in).
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 06:48:38 PM »

thanks I will try it.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »

Finally got a human response from google, app is on pending list for removal from the play store. It still may not be removed.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:43 PM »

Its a real shame, because there seems to be no other app to compete against tapatalk

It definitely was good.  I don't much use it these days as using anything on my phone is a bit fiddly right now, but last time I did use it I noticed it seemed to be moving away from what it originally was.   I switched it off because it was sending me notifications about forums I wasn't interested in.     There may have been a setting to adjust that..  but I just removed it :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything