Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ADSL Line Fault  (Read 4707 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: ADSL Line Fault
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:18 PM »

I guess i will have to put up with it till after my operation as i need to keep my stress levels down as much as possible.

Hope all goes well for you.

It is not worth letting a faulty xDSL service interfere with your health.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »

Changed from ADSL2+ to ADSL2 to see if that would make a difference, it hasn't went from 6DB to 3DB and if it's anything like last night it will end up at -0.7DB.

Thanks for your wishes as well @burakkucat this faulty line has been interfering with my health for near gone 10 years. Still the same issues or there about. To be honest all fixes on this line there has been quite a few have been temp fixes as it doesn't take long for the issue to return.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »

@Hacktrix - would it be worth having a no-commitment chat with AA perhaps? (aa.net.uk) Might that be a way to get the cavalry in to help you?

What do other Kitizens think?

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 04:52:32 PM »

@Weaver not sure what your saying bud. I have looked into AA however usage cap's when i checked was 100GB so a long time ago.

However i very much doubt that BTOR will do anything more then they are doing now, i have been with several ISP's the current one pushed further then the rest however stopped for some reason not sure why.

The only time anything got done with solving anything was the last time a BTOR Area Manager came out which got the line from the drop box (UG bit) to the premise replaced as the line had it and was corroded.

That took a lot of stink from my end and a lot of stress which nearly put me into hospital so i can not go down that route again due to my health.

The fact is the line from the end of the close i am in goes from copper to Aluminum all the way to the cabinet to which then from the cab to exchange is on some very very old copper (where lots of work has been done in the road near where the ducts are and i can be sure contractors have hit it and hid it).

The only thing i can do is wait till FTTP has 100% UK coverage and hope.

As constantly ringing any ISP nowadays is like banging your head against a brick wall at times having to redo tests that have already been done before contacting them, then to go past the it must be your equipment stage (to then explain tested x amount of routers with same issue).

Its all adding to the stress levels, i have already had a mini TIA and do not want another.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:54:50 PM by hacktrix2006 »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »

@hacktrix FYI I am an AA user (and there are one or two more kitizens who are too) and I don't have any usage cap. I pay for what I use and there is no limit of any kind. I just suggested it because people claim that AA is relatively speaking ferocious at fighting with BT on behalf of customers. Some users buy a certain amount of download allowance and then top up if necessary. They have a 1TB download pm pre-purchase deal and there are various other deals. I don't recall all the details.

Also AA used to have a fix your line or your money back deal for people with problems, but I don't know whether that is still going. It doesn't cost anything to talk to them about your problems anyway. They are very approachable and are in IRC, SMS, web-based chat email of course. Only you know if they might be a good fit for you. Their IRC channel is full of other customers as well who are very helpful, not just highly techie staff.
Pages: 1 [2]