Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TV Demand 5, no adverts?  (Read 2402 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
TV Demand 5, no adverts?
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:18:31 PM »

Trouble with “on demand”/catchup services for commercial TV channels is, usually, you can’t skip the adverts.   My Panasonic TV has a ‘Demand 5’ App, channel 5’s on-demand.  I’ve had the telly a couple of years, but only recently tried that App.

Odd thing is, I have never once been served any adverts.   Playback presents the program logo where adverts might be expected (every 10-15 minutes) , then instantly repeats the logo, and continues without any advert. :)

I assume the App solicits ‘bids’ for adverts at set points in the program but in my case, no advertiser is bidding.   Which is great, I am not complaining.   Just wondered though, is it just me, or do others see ads on Demand 5?

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
Re: TV Demand 5, no adverts?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:22:07 PM »

My Demand 5 on my Windows phone acts in the same way, not seen any ads.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »

Thank you.  It seems there are two of us, at least. :)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 11:01:27 AM »

I've used the TV Damand 5 app on the playstation 4 semi regularly mainly for catch-up (to watch Neighbours).

I've noticed if I have just missed it shown on TV and use the app I get adverts. It seems the closer I am to the official broadcast the more advert blocks I get. I've had up to 3 blocks of adverts, and its only a 20 to 25 minute programme.

But I've also noticed if I try to watch Neighbours later on, I think the next day, I get no adverts.

So I'm thinking there is a time frame when it will serve adverts and when it expires no adverts are shown. I'm not sure what the time frame is though.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything