Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Draytek Vigor130 & TP-Link TL-R600VPN  (Read 1758 times)

mychips

• Just arrived
Draytek Vigor130 & TP-Link TL-R600VPN
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »

Not sure if im on the right forum but hope someone can assist. I have BT Infinity 2 with BT-TV for BT sport etc, I also have the BT Whole Home WiFi discs which all worked perfectly that was until i changed the BT Standard router for Draytek Vigor130 Modem & TP-Link TL-R600VPN Router. The main reason for the router change was i wanted eventually to have more control over the connected devices and due to having the WiFi discs had no need for a wireless router plus the connection is in the cellar and we live in a house with a loft conversion and its ideal for our situation. Every thing works perfectly apart form i have no BT TV stream, I have one of the LAN ports of the router directly connected by Cat5e to the BT TV set top box and always states not connected to the router! i have the router port allocated as Port mode IPTV and IGMP Snooping and Proxy enabled.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Please help

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Draytek Vigor130 & TP-Link TL-R600VPN
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »

The usual problem is that the BT TV box will work for iPlayer etc but not for the streaming channels (which require multicast), but it sounds like your's isn't working at all.
I'd start by trying another router port (not configured for IPTV) and see if the box at least gets an internet connection that way.
It might also be worth trying setting a manual IP address on the BT box to see if that makes any difference.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Draytek Vigor130 & TP-Link TL-R600VPN
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:47:45 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

On reading through the details of your problem, it does seem as if multicast is not operating correctly. Would it be possible to temporarily use the DrayTek Vigor 130 with the original BT provided router in place of the TP-Link router? I guess it depends upon whether the BT provided modem/router has a dedicated EWAN port (or a LAN port that can be reconfigured as an EWAN port).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything