Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Win 10 constantly crashing  (Read 8680 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Win 10 constantly crashing
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 12:11:39 AM »

its a hardware problem so dont pay for a software repair service

Syst3mSh0ck

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »

You can use AIDA64 or some other program to read the hardware counters on the motherboard and any of it's buses. SMART is useful for checking storage devices for errors. Do some stress testing and correlate the graphs generated by AIDA64 along with the bluescreen mini-dumps and the Event Viewer to see what's going on. I believe the Windows SDK provides a stacktrace interpreter which will read the contents of the bsod mini-dump. Process Hacker can be helpful for debugging a potentially bad driver or OS component. Try updating the UEFI BIOS to the latest version. Hope this helps.

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »

Hello all, and happy new year, just recovering from a bad bout of flu so a bit late, sorry.

I put my PC into a local IT shop,  he did thorough check on the PC and a complete clean reinstall of Win 10 30th November I got my machine back, the next day I got the 'Page Fault on an Unpaged Are' message! From there it get's a bit vague for some reason I decided to reset the sleep and off to never, and I've not had a problem since.

It has been suggested that the fault maybe with my Logitech cordless mouse, but I'm leaving well alone for now and haven't tried an alternative mouse.

After all your input I thought it would be nice to let you know, it may help another user.

Many thanks again,

Peter

vultura

• Reg Member
  • ECI Cabinet Afflicted
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »

Re-image is junk and more likely to cause more issues than it allegedly fixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXcAshytyPY
Has anyone seen my signature, it seems to have disappeared, along with Openreach turning on G.INP on ECI cabinets ever again.
Pages: 1 [2]