Computer Software > Windows 10

Win 10 constantly crashing

(1/4) > >>

Peter:
Hi All,

Windows 10 is crashing even more often than usual three times thios week since Wednesday, the following messages.

K Mode exception not handled
Faulty hardware corrupted page
IRQL not less or equal

I had the pc repaired recently at I couldn't open windows, the guy who did the job suggested that constant crashes may be a sign the mother board is at fault.
Was he correct, the pc is about five years old.

Regards,

Peter

Peter:
Forgot to add I cannot check for updates as this will not launch, also on shut down I get 'Task Host Window Task host is stopping background tasks, with the option to go back and complete my work or shut down anyway.

I cannot find any reason for this.

Peter

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: Peter on April 27, 2018, 08:30:53 PM ---I had the pc repaired recently at I couldn't open windows, the guy who did the job suggested that constant crashes may be a sign the mother board is at fault.
Was he correct, the pc is about five years old.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that could be a possibility. However I am surprised with the hardware only being about five years old. (I have a system that is, hardware wise, nineteen years old!)

My guess would be either a mother-board or a memory fault.

Bowdon:
I use a utility called bluescreen view if I get any crashes. Sometimes it can hint at which area is giving you problems.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

The last time I had crashes was years ago when I installed an old wiping program that had an encryption part to it called BC Wipe. For some reason even though I had just installed it and wasn't using it, it kept causing the crashes.

Have you installed anything just before these problems started? Maybe a new anti virus program? or did you update an anti virus program?

Chrysalis:
yes thats a great app.

My first avenue would be testing the ram.

hci memtest is great for this
karhu ramtest is also held in high regard although this one is not free, not even a trial version

memtest86 may come up on google searches, its ok but nowhere near as good as hci at detecting memory errors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version