Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ES that occur between midnight and DLM action in the morning  (Read 1317 times)

Oakserver

Hi

My line has been syncing perfectly since moving to Sky last year. About 10 es per day with G.inp disabled. Sync at around 76000 with 6db and Fastpath.

Last night just after midnight I noticed my line drop and a resync at 54000. Error seconds were racking up and at the time I fell asleep it was around 150 ES.

This morning at 7.30am  I noticed ES around 1500 since the last resync just after midnight . At about the same time he line resynced at 75000 approx and G.INP was enabled. First time that’s happened since switching to Sky at the end of last year.

Now for about an hour I have no ES. Looks to be stable again.

So, my question is - if DLM resets counters at midnight, and the majority of ES happened between mid night and 7am, will DLM take action again tomorrow even though since the DLM action at 7am this morning it’s been fine.

I wonder if the g.inp enable this morning was to treat the ES that occurred prior to midnight that I may not have noticed?

I really don’t want interleaving :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:55:11 PM by Oakserver »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: ES that occur between midnight and DLM action in the morning
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 03:09:23 PM »

To be honest, I am not sure. The DLM process has so many unknowns in its mode of operation.

I suspect that you will be back, in 24 hours time, to report on events that may -- or may not -- have happened.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Oakserver

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »

I suspect that you will be back, in 24 hours time, to report on events that may -- or may not -- have happened.

Yes, you are right - i'm back.

I'm pleased to say that even though I had clocked over 1500 ES between midnight and the 7am DLM intervention, I've not had any further disconnections.

It seems, at least in my situation, that if the DLM is going to take action, any errors between midnight and the DLM intervention are disregarded.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:00:36 PM »

Yes, you are right - i'm back.

Unlike the DLM process, you were somewhat easier to predict!  :D

I'm pleased to say that even though I had clocked over 1500 ES between midnight and the 7am DLM intervention, I've not had any further disconnections.

It seems, at least in my situation, that if the DLM is going to take action, any errors between midnight and the DLM intervention are disregarded.

That's good to know. Thank you for the update.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.