Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Now up, but speed for now not what hoped for  (Read 20527 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Now up, but speed for now not what hoped for
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »

Definitely wait for Chrysalis he is the best broadband stats analyzer on these forums, hope all goes well during OR engineer visit tomorrow.

Dont think I am but I appreciate the good comment Newt. :)

-110 in my view is quite heavy crosstalk, is it possible to also post a SNR/bitloading graph?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:33:11 PM by Chrysalis »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »

Hi and thanks, Chrys, for replying. I'm unsure what you mean by-110 is quite heavy cross talk. Is that where the DS graph touches or does crosstalk affect further along. Sorry for being a rocking horse, and not understanding.

Graphs: I have limited time this evening, and Routerstats is set to record @ 10 secs, so for ~ @ 1 hour/graph is a lot to prepare and post. Except for a couple of v. early morning oddities that had no entries and clearly erroneous DS readings. the SNRM has been remarkably steady, as it was with the Billion.
Code: [Select]
AVERAGE 5.87 3.82
MAX 6.6 4.2
MIN 5.1 3

The PN router does not supply bitloading details. I can post some detail from Billion router, which does, if you want, hopefully, very late this evening.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2018, 09:51:18 PM »

With risk that it may be n.b.u. here's the latest (5/5) bit loading graph from the Billion.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2018, 11:27:40 AM »

Yeah on most of your useable tones it looks like you got fairly heavy crosstalk with very heavy crosstalk on the strongest tones.

The thing is QLN is not for sure crosstalk, it is just observed that as crosstalk increases then so does QLN.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2018, 04:33:29 PM »

Had visit: I'll post more when the report to PN is to hand. The engineer's equipment was predicting 26 Meg, which is below the lower clean estimate from PN, but router 21 Meg @~3dB. DLM reset @6dB brought predicted down to 21 with the router saying some 5 Meg lower. CRCs reported @ 3dB were 60/5 minutes- max acceptable 150. Line does contain some ali, and route is what I originally thought.

Disappointing, and mystifying why router is at odds with what engineer saw, and what the Billion gave was not too different from the HubOne.

Thoughts?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2018, 06:23:40 PM »

I hope the engineer did more than plug in his test equipment and say yes it is not working well!

I would expect at least an attempt to see if there is a better pair between cabinet and premises to solve the problem if no other faults were detected.

The last few engineers I had (to solve the same fault) did in their own way try their hardest to solve my problem.  There were major communication issues that soured the experience quite significantly but the end result was a 20Mb uplift so I was pleased.

BT also haven't been back to properly fix the issue though so I suspect I may have trouble again at some point.

The engineers I have had previous to this wanted to be in and out as quick as possible, didn't want to fix the problem and told you a pack of lies to do this.  This is proven by the fact if you get engineers who do care you can end up with a uplift.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2018, 06:42:44 PM »

He had suspected a battery fault somewhere, but couldn't locate it. His position was that PN's estimate was not not near to what his tool suggested.

As to a better pair, I'm not sure he'd've found any, for even 16 years back the engineer told me all in the road were bad, and I was given the best he had available.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2018, 11:11:33 PM »

I think someone more experienced needs to reply.  I do not know what you can reasonably expect BT to do.  If voice line isn't working well you may have more "rights" - is it very noisy? If there are no working pairs surely BT should put a new cable in?

Interestingly when my problems finally got me into handback territory the tests the ISP run detected a battery fault and that is what eventually got me on the road to being fixed after being fobbed off.

If the line shows an error it definitely gives you more power and the ISP is generally less arsey with you as there is less chance they will end up with a bill from BT for the engineer visit.   

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2018, 02:40:28 AM »

Its not far from what I warned about, line in spec, nothing to be done.  BT now set very wide performance specs on each line so they can cover high levels of crosstalk as acceptable service.  The reset will hurt your line as you lose g.inp and the lower noise margin target which now needs to come back.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2018, 08:21:15 AM »

But why is the router so at odds with what engineer saw? Sorry, I just can't get my head round that, and more so since both the ISP supplied and the Billion syncs were not unreasonably apart before.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:26:55 AM by renluop »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »

Since about 2.30 I'm back using the Billion with a 4000 kbps increase in sync to current 19800 kbps with 6.8 dB SNRM. G-INP looks if it's back
Code: [Select]
Downstream Upstream
General
rtx_tx          915445          0               
rtx_c            28              0               
rtx_uc          0                0               
LEFTRS          0                0               
minEFTR          19798            0               
errFreeBits      1920873          0               
Bearer 0
RxQueue          16              0               
TxQueue          8                0               
G.INP Framing    18              0               
G.INP Lookback  8                0               
RRC Bits        0                24             
Interleave depth 8                1               
INP              45.00            0.00           
INPRein          0.00            0.00           
Delay            0                0               
Bearer 1
Interleave depth 1                0               
INP              2.50            0.00           
INPRein          2.50            0.00           
Delay            0                0               
and all that's showing in DSLStats are 93 FECs/ hour.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2018, 08:37:15 PM »

Disappointing result after OR visit would have thought there may have been some kind of fault showing why your line is way below the impacted range.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2018, 08:45:30 PM »

Impacted range at the start of this thread was 30.1 - 16.5, it's not below that.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »

Suppose its not below when you look at the VDSl range B impacted Low Download 30.1 to 16.5 Mbps yet the Upload seems to be doing fine in the Range A Low.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:08:50 PM by NewtronStar »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2018, 09:35:57 PM »

Upstream is either barely within the A range, or well within the B range. There's a much larger overlap between the A and B upstream ranges.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8