Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Group UK Merges Wholesale and Business Divisions into BT Enterprise  (Read 1112 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/04/bt-group-uk-merges-wholesale-and-business-divisions-into-bt-enterprise.html

BT has announced that they’ve today merged their ‘Business and Public Sector‘ and ‘Wholesale and Ventures‘ divisons in the UK and Republic of Ireland into a single unit – BT Enterprise. The operator stated that this move would “simplify its operating model” and “strengthen accountabilities.”

The move will naturally result in some management changes. In particular the existing CEO of BT Wholesale, Gerry McQuade, will take over to lead BT Enterprise from 1st May 2018 and it will then report as a single unit from 1st October 2018. Meanwhile the former boss of BT Business, Graham Sutherland, is to leave the operator after 12 years of service.

I think this is a good move by BT. I remember while answering questions on one of the videos I've been watching, Mike McTighe (OR) mentioned that BT was now in the process of merging together business and residential services as they move towards fibre and mobile advancements. So this move fits in with that.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

j0hn

• Kitizen

Quote from: Bowdon
BT was now in the process of merging together business and residential services as they move towards fibre and mobile advancements. So this move fits in with that.

I read that as being the opposite.
BT Business is being merged with BT Wholesale. The Public Sector and residential services are 2 very separate things.

The residential part of the business (BT Retail) will remain completely separate.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

For info -- a very small snippet of a much larger message. 

Enterprise, which brings Business and Public Sector and Wholesale & Ventures into one team. Enterprise will be led by Gerry McQuade from 1 May 2018 and we will start reporting as a single unit from 1 October 2018.