Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Stats  (Read 16021 times)

re0

• Reg Member
Re: Stats
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2018, 09:50:17 PM »

Most likely crosstalk from your new connection has caused the SNRM/attainable rate to drop on the downstream for your original connection.
I'd second that.

I would probably resync the BT Infinity line if the errors start getting too high. We don't want to see the DLM adjusting parameters for it if the MTBE is too low.

Luckily for me when getting a "new line", even though the original drop cable had a free pair, I had a fresh drop. No noticeable crosstalk nasties for me. :P

Intersting to note that your new connection shows a newer DSLAM firmware than your old:
  • BT Infinity: IFTN:0xb206 (178.6)
  • AAISP: IFTN:0xd086 (208.134)
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2018, 09:54:55 PM »

Intersting to note that your new connection shows a newer DSLAM firmware than your old:
  • BT Infinity: IFTN:0xb206 (178.6)
  • AAISP: IFTN:0xd086 (208.134)

Ah, so you have also spotted that.

Assuming both circuits are via the same ECI M41, I can only presume that the two lines are connected to different line cards.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

sotonsam

• Reg Member
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »

My new line seems very clean, latency is as low as i've had it on FTTC.

Will keep an eye on my original line, I think the errors have settled down slightly now (we had a bit of thunder earlier which caused the errors to jump). Although oddly it didn't really affect my new line!

I've got both of these lines working via PfSense and have the WAN's ballanced, works pretty well to be honest and I'm happy with the results so far!
Vodafone FTTC 80/20. ECI Cab.

FTTP via Toob. 900/900.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2018, 10:23:52 PM »

Ah, so you have also spotted that.

Assuming both circuits are via the same ECI M41, I can only presume that the two lines are connected to different line cards.

The same thing happened to me at my previous address last year. Zen's connection was on 0xb206 and AAISP's connection was on 0xd086. Of the two I found that the line card running version 0xd086 appeared to perform better. Both line cards were from the same ECI DSLAM.

I would probably resync the BT Infinity line if the errors start getting too high. We don't want to see the DLM adjusting parameters for it if the MTBE is too low.

Yeah, I'd do the same if it were my line.

I've actually developed a program that will take action if there's a high amount of errors, it's compatible with LEDE (some minor modifications to the dsl_control file such as adding bitswap stats and a few other changes) and my DrayTek router so that not only stats are being logged, but it will also adjust the downstream target SNRM depending on the number of downstream ES+SES in the last 24 hours (rolling) :). It's still work in progress though, useful to try and preserve fastpath or squeeze more speed out of the connection (one of my lines is at an offset of -2.0 dB, making it 4 dB SNRM).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:33:30 PM by Ixel »

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2018, 02:17:03 AM »

My new line seems very clean, latency is as low as i've had it on FTTC.
I would agree. Seems like Openreach gave you a good pair. Perhaps it being a newer firmware may have some improvements also, going on what Ixel said. In fact, I did find Ixel's topic (https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=20451.0).

I would be surprised if your BT line synchronised much below what it currently achieves. Though it is not unheard of to see more than 10 Mbps lost through crosstalk when using additional pairs in the same cable.

Ixel, in regards to your topic mentioned above, perhaps the difference in the depth may have contributed in some speed difference? That also ignores some of the minor variences in the pairs.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2018, 04:09:12 AM »

Crosstalk can of course be bad and I presume you can not have G.Vector to fix it. I note that G.fast mandates the use of a G.Vector type system.

My second pair connection is a good bit worse then the first, and this is only very slow, low-frequency, ADSL2. However for some odd reason the original pair is not degraded, which makes absolutely no sense, crosstalk can not possibly be one way, so there is something bogus about this result or conclusion of mine.

sotonsam

• Reg Member
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2018, 01:25:24 PM »

Crosstalk can of course be bad and I presume you can not have G.Vector to fix it. I note that G.fast mandates the use of a G.Vector type system.

My second pair connection is a good bit worse then the first, and this is only very slow, low-frequency, ADSL2. However for some odd reason the original pair is not degraded, which makes absolutely no sense, crosstalk can not possibly be one way, so there is something bogus about this result or conclusion of mine.

You may have mentioned before Weaver, but what speeds do you have on your lines? Are these 'bonded' or do you just do soft load ballancing?

As I'm on an ECI cab I'm still waiting for the day we get G.NIP - just something to help. But I'm not holding my breath....

FTTP via Toob. 900/900.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »

I have three fully IP-bonded ADSL2 lines, load splitting in both directions, done by the ISP downstream and by my Firebrick router upstream. The router’s WAN (internet-facing) interface presents a single unified IPv4 address, same for IPv6. A single say TCP connection goes at triple speed in both directions, it isn't a matter of allocation flows such as TCP connections or users to one or other link, everything is really triple speed. And it’s very efficient, better than 97% iirc. I get 3.05 Mbps downstream sync rate and 512k upstream on one line, the other two are about to get upgraded modems installed and get ~2700 kbps and ~2800 kbps downstream sync rates and 436k and 496k upstream, but the downstream should increase a good bit when I upgrade the remaining two modems.

The lines are 4.55 miles long, from the best estimate I can get. BT Wholesale supplies to the ISP AA.

sotonsam

• Reg Member
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2018, 07:04:20 PM »

Continuing saga on my BT Infinity line.

I'm now down to a 55 attainable.....

I can't see why though. Nothing locally should be affecting it, I was having these issues with it even before I got AAISP. That's now below my handback threshold of 56, but what do you think they'll be able to do? (Given that they've already been out twice). Maybe I just have to accept this is how it is..?? And this poss. gives me ground to cancel my contract early...?

http://dslstats.ddns.net:55555/connection.htm

for comparision, here is my AAISP line -

http://dslstats.ddns.net:55551/connection.htm

FTTP via Toob. 900/900.

sotonsam

• Reg Member
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2018, 09:32:23 PM »

Just as an update to all of this, I now only have a single AAISP line - my BT line was cancelled and any termination charges were waived because I was below my handback, so that all ended well.

Amazingly this AAISP line is epic, so I've got a good pair me thinks. It's been up for around 25 days at 77mb, very few errors. Had to just resync it, didn't really want to...but I had to move some power bits around, but low and behold my sync has actually increased to 79 now.

This line is probably one of the best performing lines around on my attenuation! So my gamble really did pay off…!

http://dslstats.ddns.net:55552/index.htm

FTTP via Toob. 900/900.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2018, 10:01:53 PM »

A good result, all round.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]