Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Home With Native FTTP  (Read 4042 times)

displaced

• Reg Member
Re: New Home With Native FTTP
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »

I'm a little dubious about ClearScore...

There are three bureaus: Equifax, Experian and CallCredit.

ClearScore apparently shows the Equifax rating, but I have an Equifax account too and it shows almost 100 points higher than ClearScore.

Mind you, my Experian rating is in turn higher than Equifax, despite listing the same accounts.

I also signed up to Noddle, as they show the CallCredit score... and I'm really pleased I did.  I had an identity theft case a couple of years ago where a load of mobile phone contracts were taken out in my name.  Equifax removed them from my file on request, but it seems CallCredit didn't.  I'm now disputing that to get it fixed.

It's worth finding out which bureau the vendor/landlord was using and find out what score they have for you.  You never know what you might find, especially if you see no reason why you wouldn't be accepted.
YouFibre 1Gbit, OPNsense on Intel N100.  Ubiquiti UAPs.

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »

It's worth finding out which bureau the vendor/landlord was using and find out what score they have for you.  You never know what you might find, especially if you see no reason why you wouldn't be accepted.

Yes I would definitely chase this up.
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 01:42:54 PM »

Updated:

:( got bad news as the credit check had turned me down for the new house. (I don't understand why? as I always pay rents and bills on time never late in the last 20 years) feel like robbed ripped off this country with this stupid Credit Check. Getting fed up now! Not very happy at all. Going to get stuck to my shitty area with all bloody druggies and crimes. I want to move out!

Are you in full time, permanent employment? Have you ever applied for credit and, either intentionally or accidentally, provided incorrect information?

Have you checked your file for anything interesting with the other bureaux, and do you know which one they searched? They should be able to tell you or you should see it as a check on a credit file.

If you really want to move and have access to the appropriate perhaps pay 6 months rent in advance, via card, and then arrange a balance transfer to another one, presuming you're able to get said card.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 01:54:19 PM »

The house is now no longer available (the new tenant already hold this house subject to credit check) I am not bother now. I already signed up Plusnet deal with 18 months with FTTC 80/20 to match vodafone offer £26 a month. I am stay in my house now cos it lots cheaper rent £390 a month for three bedrooms but the new house only got 2 bedrooms but expensive rent at £635 a month. The new house is rubbish cos of cheap built as the wall is the very thin can hear next door neighbour conversation talking. The old house is lots better than the new house in my view. No, I am unemployed to mental illness and depression for long term. I am on the ESA with housing benefit and council tax benefit. Don't have to pay any rent or council tax. Have to pay bedroom tax (bloody stupid govt)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:58:00 PM by adslmax »

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »

new house only got 2 bedrooms but expensive rent at £635 a month.

That's not expensive down here!  :o
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 02:15:03 PM »

In that case the chances are that the landlord was uncomfortable taking on a tenant that was not in gainful employment and affordability may well have been considered an 'issue'.

The rent on the newer house is actually higher than the LHA / Local Housing Allowance - http://www.telford.gov.uk/downloads/file/6908/lha_rates_-_1_april_2018_to_31_march_2019

£473.72 is as high as the local authority could've gone, the rest would've had to have been made up from your own, likely limited, income and was probably not feasible.
Pages: 1 [2]