Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: DSLstats v6.5 released  (Read 85747 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v6.5 released
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2021, 06:35:36 AM »

You're all very kind.
  Eric

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2021, 09:41:02 AM »

I have not been able to use this tool, because I don’t have a windows box, just an iPad only. I recognise the work put in and the value of this excellent tool. (Our own member Johnson did a mountain of work in building the equivalent for me that runs inside ZyXEL modems and delivers the answers to me via http port 8000.)

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2021, 12:26:29 PM »

I have not been able to use this tool, because I don’t have a windows box, just an iPad only. I recognise the work put in and the value of this excellent tool. (Our own member Johnson did a mountain of work in building the equivalent for me that runs inside ZyXEL modems and delivers the answers to me via http port 8000.)

AHH, I wished I'd known about that! when I was on xDSL as I have the Zyxel 8924, I would have loved to have it built into the Firmware as it does have its own DSL stats reporting tool in the GUI options

BUT, still having the actual DSL-Stats GUI was great - Eric i not only checked it daily, but when off work i'd check it up to 5-7 times a day hehee - so yes i made loads of use of that app  - i even had some input in which Eric was nice enough to implement - which was:-

1) Adding the DSLAM's stats at the top of the stats page.
2) Changing Reed Solomon from raw numbers to percentages of the actual traffic corrected and uncorrected.

I was buzzing to see them still there to this day  :)
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2021, 05:28:29 AM »

Snadge, there’s a ZyXEL VMG 8924-B10A version (binary too) of Johnson’s work available, both binaries and the source files are of course available. See https://github.com/johnson442/custom-zyxel-firmware/releases

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2021, 01:12:39 PM »

Snadge, there’s a ZyXEL VMG 8924-B10A version (binary too) of Johnson’s work available, both binaries and the source files are of course available. See https://github.com/johnson442/custom-zyxel-firmware/releases

excellent, thanks for that, i will keep a hold of those files for the future, I may move after my 2 years on PON, and end up on DSL again...you never know haha, mind as we all know, BT is trying to rid the copper even from customers premises, after they install FTTP, but i can tell you he did not at mine, he admitted he was supposed to, but as we were both not bothered and he was on 'piece-rate' he said he will just leave it, as the longer he is at any one house, the less money he is earning.

I think its terrible of BT using "piece rate" wages for the basic Linesmen (mind it was a sub-contractor - MJ Quinns), he said its 3-4 houses per day expected (which is fair to be honest) - BUT - what if one BT Linesman get's really long hard jobs in a row that he cant help but end up doing 1-2 houses a day... I think they need to change that MO of wages IMO, unless that is just MJ QUINNS doing that?

but yeah great thanks  :)
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2021, 06:55:48 PM »

Hello,

Thank you so much for this great tool.
I run this tool on my PC from time to time. I wanted to ask do you have any plans to make a package for openwrt? If such packages are already available, can you please guide if you have any idea. And sorry if same question has been asked before. 

Thank you,
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:20:32 PM by neil »
VDSL FTTC 35/18

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2021, 10:24:30 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to continue development of DSLstats. In any case it would need a total redesign to fit into an openwrt package, and that would be a very big job.
  Eric

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2021, 05:47:31 AM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to continue development of DSLstats. In any case it would need a total redesign to fit into an openwrt package, and that would be a very big job.

Ok no problem  :'(  thank you again for this great tool.  :)
VDSL FTTC 35/18
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

anything