Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband  (Read 62059 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2020, 07:20:05 PM »

AAISP say they have no control over who's added to the trial.

The ability for ISP's to add users manually went months ago with only Plusnet taking up that offer.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2020, 07:40:20 PM »

Do we know if / when the trial will end and or if they have had any issues ?
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2020, 02:09:26 PM »

Still waiting for G.INP to be enabled on my aluminium line (ECI & aluminium, what a desirable combo..).  I'd have thought we'd have heard more news of the second "trial" by now - with perhaps a notice of when ISP's have to replace non functioning modems with models certified to work well with ECI/G.INP.

Sadly the last big FTTP rollout news doesn't include my area (Port Talbot, South Wales), so I'm likely to remain with this terrible line for years to come. Hoping for good G.INP news soon!

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »

Been waiting since 2016... zen tell me they have no option to put lines forward even though  they are on the trial.

Be great to see it again but who knows when....

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2020, 03:16:27 PM »

This isn't an area based trial, but ISP opt in. 

I am assuming [based on previous Openreach trials] that the ISP originally had 2 methods of opting in:
1) Offering all of their lines to be part of the trial or
2) Offering a limited number of lines.

Method 1.
Openreach randomly selects approx 50% of lines to be actively on the trial whilst the other 50% are used as a baseline comparison.
At the beginning of the trial, Openreach will usually advise the ISP a list of all the lines actively selected and the ISP has a few days to withdraw any particular lines from the list that they don't wish participating in the trial.

Method 2.
This is usually reserved for smaller trials or if the ISP wants to actively monitor the effects of the trial more closely. 
It is usually only staff lines which are submitted using this method.    I suspect this may be the method Bob Pullen used and it will be why he couldn't submit any more lines after the cut off date and why he was interested in the results of those who were put on the trial by asking them to post in the thread.

We did hear from a fairly reputable source that Openreach did at one point suspend any new lines being added to the trial.  However bearing in mind that we've since seen at least one more ISP go on the trial, IMO it's more likely that they are not accepting any more submissions via method 2 - which did have a hard cut-off date anyhow.
In that case it will be true what the respective ISPs are saying in that they do not have any choice which lines get G.INP activated and which don't.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »

This isn't an area based trial, but ISP opt in. 

I am assuming [based on previous Openreach trials] that the ISP originally had 2 methods of opting in:
1) Offering all of their lines to be part of the trial or
2) Offering a limited number of lines.

Method 1.
Openreach randomly selects approx 50% of lines to be actively on the trial whilst the other 50% are used as a baseline comparison.
At the beginning of the trial, Openreach will usually advise the ISP a list of all the lines actively selected and the ISP has a few days to withdraw any particular lines from the list that they don't wish participating in the trial.

Method 2.
This is usually reserved for smaller trials or if the ISP wants to actively monitor the effects of the trial more closely. 
It is usually only staff lines which are submitted using this method.    I suspect this may be the method Bob Pullen used and it will be why he couldn't submit any more lines after the cut off date and why he was interested in the results of those who were put on the trial by asking them to post in the thread.

We did hear from a fairly reputable source that Openreach did at one point suspend any new lines being added to the trial.  However bearing in mind that we've since seen at least one more ISP go on the trial, IMO it's more likely that they are not accepting any more submissions via method 2 - which did have a hard cut-off date anyhow.
In that case it will be true what the respective ISPs are saying in that they do not have any choice which lines get G.INP activated and which don't.

Thanks for the info. I'm with BT retail, haven't been able to find any info whether they took part in the trial or not. I'd assume they would, but you never know!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2020, 02:12:42 AM »

Update:  Had an email from someone with Sky who has recently had G.INP switched on for their ECI line. 
Not sure if it makes any difference, but their account is what was one of the ex BE* Sky Pro accounts.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2020, 02:54:58 AM »

Good news that lines are still being added to the trial.  I do hope it gets through the trial and rolled out. I wished there was a bit more information on timescales.

grahamb

• Reg Member
« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2020, 09:07:57 AM »

Awww....

Code: [Select]
Stats recorded 05 Aug 2020 08:56:01

DSLAM type / SW version: IFTN:0xb206 (178.6) / v0xb206
Modem/router firmware:  AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26a
DSL mode:                VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                  7 hours 3 min 31 sec
Resyncs:                5 (since 19 Jun 2020 22:43:28)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):  13.6 0.0
Signal attenuation (dB): Not monitored
Connection speed (kbps): 55143 20000
SNR margin (dB):        6.3 6.3
Power (dBm):            2.4 2.3
Interleave depth:        1079 1
INP:                    3.00 0
G.INP:                  Not enabled Not enabled
Vectoring status:        5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)

RSCorr/RS (%):          0.0004 0.0112
RSUnCorr/RS (%):        0.0000 0.0000
ES/hour:                1.12 5.15

What's that about?  :'(

art37

« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »

My line was G.INP-enabled 12 days ago (AAISP). The uncorrected error rate was negligible and speed increased by 9M. G.INP was removed last night. :'(

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2020, 11:10:10 AM »

Mine was enabled 55+ days ago and is still OK. I do have an issue on my upstream which is not enabled where I get burst of errors some times, mainly during the working week, this morning I've had 490 ES upstream which started around 7am with 20 rising to 200 between 8 & 9am now dropping back. Just hope this does not cause DLM to get involved. My downstream is as solid as a rock at 67meg. Those ES up have caused a load of SES during that period.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2020, 11:15:41 AM »

I am getting the feeling the trial is going to fail again.  How many years have they been trying to get this working even though it has been working fine for all but a very small percentage of people?

If it does fail anyone suffering on ECI cabs should get guaranteed FTTP within 12months. That would focus OR to get things sorted!

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:58 PM »

I am getting the feeling the trial is going to fail again.  How many years have they been trying to get this working even though it has been working fine for all but a very small percentage of people?

If it does fail anyone suffering on ECI cabs should get guaranteed FTTP within 12months. That would focus OR to get things sorted!

LOL Good luck with that, FTTP is delayed on my exchange because its taking them a year to upgrade the exchanges power systems to cope.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2020, 01:11:37 PM »

Awww....

What's that about?  :'(

There is another AAISP user on the forum who had G.INP on ECI and it was removed last night.
Maybe they have withdrawn from the trial?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

grahamb

• Reg Member
« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »

I did a bit of searching and found this: https://aastatus.net/2127 . It's five and a half years old but I'm assuming the details are still relevant. All I can say is that my downstream speed saw an increase of 5MB, without a single downstream error, during the trial.

It were good while it lasted...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25