Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband  (Read 62523 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2020, 09:38:52 AM »

As I pointed out on another thread my line (ECI cabinet) had G.INP enabled this morning. So far so good. I'm with TalkTalk. So I suspect some others here in Thanet which has 99% ECI cabinets also may well have it. I'm using my ZyXEL 3925 router btw.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »

Does anyone have contacts to see what Plusnet might be doing regarding this expansion of trial?

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2020, 10:57:19 AM »

I woke up this morning to find G.INP enabled on my ECI line this morning and now on fast path running at 67000kbps down. I'm with TalkTalk btw.

What speed was you getting before?

Would G.INP help if there is another phone line next to mine (the neighbours) was causing interference?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »

What speed was you getting before?

Would G.INP help if there is another phone line next to mine (the neighbours) was causing interference?

I was getting around 64000kbps before the change so not much faster, ominous that the new speed is exactly 67000kbps which sounds like it could be a cap but dont know actually if that's true but SNRM is 7.2db. Interesting Kitz did not see a huge jump in speed either when her line was enabled.

As for your neighbour I have no idea really, maybe but needs some one more knowledgable to answer that.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »

From my experience, all be it on a Huawei DSLAM, while waiting for G.Inp application after ADSL/VDSL migration, this took close to 6 weeks in my case, DS errors were virtually eliminated by DS G.Inp application.
US G.Inp has been applied to my line from time to time but never lasts more than a few days as the application removes the associated US errors and DLM promptly removes US G.Inp again.
Not sure if US G.Inp is even an option on ECI cabinets ?

Regarding adjacent line interference, had an unusually severe experence recently effecting my US speed and SNRM which was finally traced to a fault on a neighbours VDSL line, see rather long thread here:
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,24606.msg413899.html#msg413899
Thankfully this was resolved buy my neighbours ISP (BT) as my ISP (PN) refused to investigate.

So yes, G.Inp application is good and should certainly produce a considerable improvement in DS error rate regardless of source.
Glad to see it's finally being implemented on ECI cabinets, hopefully will be extended to all, pity it has taken so long.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2020, 02:00:40 PM »

I was getting around 64000kbps before the change so not much faster, ominous that the new speed is exactly 67000kbps which sounds like it could be a cap but dont know actually if that's true but SNRM is 7.2db. Interesting Kitz did not see a huge jump in speed either when her line was enabled.

Definitely sounds banded to me.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2020, 02:38:57 PM »

Any news of Newcastle Upon Tyne getting this? I'd say 99% of Newcastle uses ECI based exchanges.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2020, 03:07:55 PM »

I have asked in the News thread for the same topic if anyone had any news on what Plusnet may be doing.  It appears it will be down to ISP to request it at this point according to the article.  I would hope just everyone would get it at some point though.

The news thread and discussion is here also.  Pity can't be combined to avoid confusion but members may be subscribed to different threads.  Perhaps this one could be closed as original subject was Ginp 2018 not 2020?

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=24403.0
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:12:58 PM by ktz392837 »

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »

Any news of Newcastle Upon Tyne getting this? I'd say 99% of Newcastle uses ECI based exchanges.

Reposting this here into this thread as mentioned by @ktz392837

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2020, 06:47:27 PM »

Reposting this here into this thread as mentioned by @ktz392837

Its not about region, it down to the ISP opting in their users.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2020, 07:56:53 PM »

I have been on at Zen a couple of times now about getting on the openreach trial, 1st time was a flat no but now with this new info I have raised it again.

I would suggest any other Zen ECI user's that are keen to see this then get on to Zen as they still seem a bit unaware of it given my latest response 😖

The last time I had g.inp on eci was 2016..

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2020, 10:30:08 AM »

I have been on at Zen a couple of times now about getting on the openreach trial, 1st time was a flat no but now with this new info I have raised it again.

I would suggest any other Zen ECI user's that are keen to see this then get on to Zen as they still seem a bit unaware of it given my latest response 😖

The last time I had g.inp on eci was 2016..

I emailed them yesterday, no response yet but that is understandable given the Pandemic.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2020, 10:46:16 AM »

I emailed them yesterday, no response yet but that is understandable given the Pandemic.

They responded to me but I can tell from the answer the person I spoke to may have miss understood my request... might try a call next week but not holding out any hope at this stage they will take part...

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »

So I just spoke to someone on Live Chat on the techinical support line and they've suggested I get in touch with the sales line as they're more likely to know about information from Openreach (apparently). The person I spoke with said they'll email me with more information on Monday when their colleague is available (they mustn't work weekends). I think i'll wait till Monday to find out more information otherwise potentially someone here could get in touch with Zens sales team to find out more information.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2020, 04:41:21 PM »

I had the same response. Sales seems like the wrong avenue to me. Surely upper level techie type needed to get on board with the trial perhaps.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 04:43:30 PM by skyeci »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25