Announcements > News Articles

Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband

<< < (73/75) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: Bowdon on July 22, 2021, 10:02:55 PM ---It makes me wonder if they stopped experimenting but left the lines with it enabled on.

Though thats just my speculation. It would be good to see what the official word is.

--- End quote ---

I thought the official word was "were not touching anything while people are working from home due to a pandemic", so turning it off could equally be off the cards.

I mean it seems to be working fine here but honestly now my drop wire fault is fixed, it would probably be just as fine without g.inp.

Dave2150:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on July 22, 2021, 08:39:50 PM ---I might chase up an update since the media, and others have decided to give up on it, but personally I have accepted I am never likely to see it, for me progression is now moving on to a better underlying tech aka FTTP.

--- End quote ---

BT quoted me £50k for FTTP over a year ago. I highly doubt they'll be rolling out in the Neath Port Talbot area (South Wales) this decade, as the whole area appears to have been missed off the Fiber First map.

Once my current contract with BT expires, I'll consider Starlink, though I'm not keen on the 100W power draw of the dish, though will be infintely better speeds than my 23Mbit VDSL sync.

Chrysalis:

--- Quote from: Dave2150 on August 12, 2021, 02:55:22 PM ---BT quoted me £50k for FTTP over a year ago. I highly doubt they'll be rolling out in the Neath Port Talbot area (South Wales) this decade, as the whole area appears to have been missed off the Fiber First map.

Once my current contract with BT expires, I'll consider Starlink, though I'm not keen on the 100W power draw of the dish, though will be infintely better speeds than my 23Mbit VDSL sync.

--- End quote ---

No Openreach FTTP planned here either, but there is at least a cityfibre rollout ongoing so I should be able to get FTTP at some point thankfully.

In your situation satellite seems a good bet or 4g might be worth a look as well.

gt94sss2:

--- Quote from: Dave2150 on August 12, 2021, 02:55:22 PM ---BT quoted me £50k for FTTP over a year ago. I highly doubt they'll be rolling out in the Neath Port Talbot area (South Wales) this decade, as the whole area appears to have been missed off the Fiber First map.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure Openreach week cover your area with FTTP - they haven't announced all the areas they will be covering yet

Bowdon:
All the less densely populated areas around me are all in plans for FTTP.

If my area, or at least the metropolitan borough, isn't in any plans then something is going on.

It feels like we're entering a broadband version of the 4 yorkshireman conversation  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version