Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband  (Read 62601 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Openreach UK Trial Finally Brings G.INP to ECI FTTC Broadband
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the first Bob Pullen knew about the trial was when it was raised on the Plusnet forum.

If anyone would know, then it would likely be Bob.   It's been part of his remit for the past few years to be aware of what's going on and even have a say in such things.   
Bob moved away from general CS support, up and beyond years ago, although perhaps you wouldn't think so as he still sticks his nose into the forums as I think he still has to be very aware of what's going on there too.     Officially speaking, I believe he's no longer 'Plusnet' and has more recently moved over to the dark side... yet still overseeing parts of what PN do.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2020, 11:22:37 AM »

:'(

I outlined their usual methods of trials above.  This is trialling 100k ECI lines via ISP opt in.

I am sure I posted this with a reply yesterday evening perhaps I didn't click submit!

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2020, 11:02:12 AM »

Has anyone heard back from any ISPs saying they are definitely putting their customers on the trial? 

Can't wait to see if come Thursday if anyone here gets on the trial. 

OR can reset my line off interleave and give me Ginp on Thursday morning it is due to be removed around that time anyway ;)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »

My ISP Zen told me at this time that they were not taking part sadly for me..

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2020, 11:44:30 AM »

Has anyone heard back from any ISPs saying they are definitely putting their customers on the trial? 

Can't wait to see if come Thursday if anyone here gets on the trial. 

OR can reset my line off interleave and give me Ginp on Thursday morning it is due to be removed around that time anyway ;)

Did I miss something? What's happening Thursday?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »

Did I miss something? What's happening Thursday?

Hopefully a new trial of Ginp on ECI cabinets will start.  Full announcement in OP.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2020, 03:28:19 AM »

Ah.
I took any date with a pinch of salt and browsed right past it.

I'd be surprised to see examples of Retx on day 1 of the trial.
Would be nice to see OpenReach beat my low expectations of them on this though,
Previous ECI Retx trials leave me a little sceptical  :D
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2020, 09:14:03 AM »

Completely agree but I can dream that the outcome will be more positive this time :)

OR could have completely given up but they haven't they deserve some credit for this.

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2020, 09:50:08 PM »

EE didn't confirmed, but they asked for my details, so we will see on (from) Thursday if something change.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2020, 03:18:43 AM »

Plusnet told forum as they start this next week to move this forward for some of ECI customers to take trial of G.INP not every customers.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2020, 03:49:42 AM »

bobpullen
I've relayed everybody's interest and hope for there to be some movement next week 🙂
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2020, 06:47:43 PM »

bobpullen
Too late to the party I'm afraid Sad

I'll keep you in mind for any further activity though.

Seem I was correct as not everyones taking part of this. Very limit one.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2020, 10:49:47 PM »

No its not a very limited one -  As mentioned in the other thread the trial is for 100k lines via ISP opt in.

Read Bobs post carefully

ISP's aren't offering 10-30 lines each, you're reading between the lines. What we won't be doing though, is running this as an open trial. There isn't a team, nor the capacity to faciliate it, and I don't think it's a good fit for this type of activity anyway.

I simply noted the interest and pulled a favour, because in low numbers, I think some open discussion here could be of benefit

I think I can possibly take a good stab at what Bob did, based on the fact that the submitted lines didn't appear to go in until very last minute. 
ISP opt ins have to be in well before the start of the trial date so it gives the ISP time to vet the OR selected list and make adjustments.

Bob is far from stupid and will realise that certain PN customers do have access to full stats so are more likely to notice changes than say Sky customers.   He is aware that much of the problems with G.INP Mk1 was spotted by users of this forum, MDWS and feed back also on the PN community site.  Bob was heavily involved in reporting the G.INP Mk1 fiasco to Openreach..  who were totally blind and oblivious to it until he raised it...  so hopefully those on the trial will report any findings in the thread as he requested.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2020, 04:03:46 AM »

I have had no further updates from AAISP which doesnt bode well.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2020, 10:32:13 AM »

Thats sad  :(

The more people on the trial who have access to decent stats the better IMHO.     I doubt the average [say Sky] user using an SP provided modem would notice what's going on.    Probably those who benefit the most will be those with error correction and interleaving who should see more of an immediate benefit.   I don't have error protection atm, but it would be nice if I no longer had to worry about my daily spike landing me with interleaving.
I'd also be interested to see how much of a difference g.inp does make to my daily dose of SHINE..   as in reality g.inp isn't very good protection against SHINE type noise.    Also my line stats have changed quite a bit since G.INP Mk1 when I used to easily get 80Mbps, but I didn't see much difference to the max headline rate.   I'm now hit by crosstalk and my days of 80Mbps are long gone...  so whilst I'm not expecting much of a speed improvement, I am hoping this opens the gateway to 'x'dB. 
-----
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25