Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.4  (Read 7097 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.4
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »

Status report

Concerning the missing / or \ in the updated location of the webserver files: this didn't occur if the location had previously been left at its default, which explains why not everyone saw the error. I've fixed it now.

Duplicate event log messages reporting the location of the webserver files: this should now be fixed.

Extra " in error message about a failed FTP test upload: now fixed.

Setting the graph time per page, zero hours becomes one hour after restarting DSLstats: now fixed.

Test files missing after FTP test upload: I've removed the code which deleted these after uploading, because it resulted in confusion. Also I'm going to rename these files 'FTPtest1' and 'FTPtest2' so that their purpose is clear.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 02:52:14 PM »

So "name-hour-minute.zip" would suffice and would slightly reduce the cluttered appearance.

Thank you.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 07:25:29 PM »

A bit late but RPI version, bug report and a couple of requests.

Directory locations were correct after upgrade (no missing /'s]

Between samplings renamed directory to datastore (from DataStore), updated directory setting in dslstats and toggled datastore off/on.

I then noticed 3 directories ataStore, dataStore and datatore containing no files in .dslstats.  Think it was me typing in the new directory (backspaced on D, pressed d, backspaced on S - matches directories created) but I guess it could have been something else.

The graphs on the combined.htm page are all different sizes.  For consistency could these be made the same?  And pushing my luck perhaps size configurable :)

It would also be useful if the red Sampling text that appears top right window could say something like Sampling , Updating Data Store and Updating Webserver.

Many thanks.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 10:50:22 PM »

The multiple directories are the result of manually editing the directory. Every time you make a change, it creates a directory with the name it currently has, giving the result you saw. I'll see what I can do, but the solution may be to disallow manual editing in this type of control.
  Eric

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »

Disallowing manual editing in them fields sounds like the simplest option and would always "work".

The only other option I can think of is only updating when you leave the field instead of each press - not ideal but better.  I prefer stop editing and force editing of INI file though.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »

Thanks for that. I was coming to the same conclusion.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 08:01:34 AM »

One thought on this Eric, does it happen if you stop recording? If true it might be worth disallowing changing any settings while recording, or at least disallow changing directories.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 09:18:23 AM »

Either disallow changes while recording or add an Apply button.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »

It makes no difference whether it's recording or not: manual editing has the result reported above. In the case of the webserver, changing the location of the files stops the webserver running until it's finished processing the change, so this will happen several times if manual editing is allowed.

As it happens, manual editing was always disallowed in the case of the snapshots directory, and nobody has ever objected to that. My intention is to disallow manual editing for the webserver and data store locations, unless there are strong reasons to do it differently.
  Eric

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »

I can't see an issue with that proposal. It allows you to select UNC paths as well as drives.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »

Thank you :)
  Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 12:33:06 AM »

Thanks for the latest update. Excellent on server 2008r2 and Server 2012.

No issues all as per change log ok

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »

Status report

Concerning the missing / or \ in the updated location of the webserver files: this didn't occur if the location had previously been left at its default, which explains why not everyone saw the error. I've fixed it now.

Duplicate event log messages reporting the location of the webserver files: this should now be fixed.

Extra " in error message about a failed FTP test upload: now fixed.

Setting the graph time per page, zero hours becomes one hour after restarting DSLstats: now fixed.

Test files missing after FTP test upload: I've removed the code which deleted these after uploading, because it resulted in confusion. Also I'm going to rename these files 'FTPtest1' and 'FTPtest2' so that their purpose is clear.

Eric:
A bit confused, does the "now fixed" mean that you have already modified program rev. 6.3.4 and re-posted or a later revision with fixes applied is still pending as per your normal procedure ?
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »

I just checked the download and the date on the dslstats.exe was the 27th March so I expect this does not contain the fixes.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »

Sorry for the confusion. I never upload a modified version under the same version number.

I've fixed everything raised in this thread in a new version not yet released. I've also completed the code to enable FTP uploads of the data store. I'm testing this at the moment, then I'll build and test the different operating system versions. This is intended to be the next full release.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything