Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.4  (Read 7098 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.4
« on: March 27, 2018, 04:09:30 PM »

Changes since v6.3.1:
  • minimum value of FEC/min graph in logarithmic mode is now 0.1
  • ES/hour chart now covers two days
  • added feature to save data store files remotely (only the test works at present)
  • webserver and data store files are now saved directly in the selected locations
This is work in progress, and I would appreciate comments on the new features.

The third item is a stage on the way to uploading the data store files to a remote location of the user's choice. If you have FTP access to a server you can enter the details and click the Test button. DSLstats will attempt to upload two small files to the server, and will report success or failure.

Regarding the last item, when you first run this version it will convert any already existing configuration to the new style, so the data store and webserver should continue to work in the same way. After that, if you change the data store or webserver locations you will need to specify the full path (previously DSLstats appended 'DataStore' or 'webserver' to the path selected by the user).

http://dslstats.me.uk/downloads.html

Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.4
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 04:44:02 PM »

Eric I downloaded and installed it OK, however it did mess up the location for my webserver files. I had it set to D:\xampp\htdocs\DSLStatsWeb\webserver but it cam up as D:\xampp\htdocs\DSLStatsWebwebserver (no \). Anyway corrected the file locations OK in the settings and now is using the locations I wanted. Shut it down in order to clean up directories and on restart it shows duplicate messages now. See attached png file. Otherwise all OK so far. Will test FTP later.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »

Downloaded and now currently executing. I am happy to confirm that the first bullet point of the changes is as expected.

I note that there is a missing '/' (equivalent to the missing '\' that Stuart has reported) for the webserver files.

For consistency, could the sub-directories by default be "DataStore", "Snapshots" and "Webserver"?

(Cosmetic.) Under the "Configuration ---> Snapshots" tab, could the first line read "Snapshots directory:" rather than the current "Snapshot directory:? (Plural rather then singular, for consistency under the configuration tab.)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »

I also had the issue of it deciding to use W:\DSLstatswebserver instead of W:\DSLstats\webserver
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 07:28:18 PM »

Downloaded to RPi Zero W and working well, using the default data store: /home/pi/.dslstats/Datastore

Bullet points 1 & 2 working as expected.

The Data Upload test to a NAS on the home LAN reports as successful, but I cannot see any files written there.
I have not attempted the webserver, because the CPU on this device is not really suited for it.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »

Thank you for the comments.

@Westie: The uploaded files are crc.html and ftc.html, chosen simply because they're small and present in every DSLstats installation. If they're really not there then the test isn't working quite right.

Eric

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »

I have just tried the upload test again, but this time to a non-existent directory on the NAS, to see what errors might be reported. The Event Log reports:
Code: [Select]
27 Mar 2018 20:43:48  File ""crc.html" failed to upload. FTP upload aborted
Are the different number of double quotes before and after the file name significant?

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 08:53:13 PM »

V.6.3.4 running on my old RPi 1B and the 2 remote RPi Zero W's I look after, can only comment on bullet points 1 & 2 which are working fully to expectation.

One very minor issue I have noted is in Graphs/Sampling/Time per page, I am currently running @ 1 day, zero hours settings which is working exactly as it should, however, on RPi re-booting the hours setting always increments to "1" reflected on the graphs time axis as would be expected.
Have tried increasing the days setting beyond 1 (again with zero hours) but the hours will always increment to "1" on RPi reboot.

This was the same on the previous program revision, apologies, never remembered to submit report.

I know you have discussed the graphs Days/Hours settings in the previous V.6.3.1 thread but have not seen this particular anomaly reported to date.

Again, many thanks for your continuing development work on DSLStats, very much appreciated.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:22 PM »

Just tested the ftp. Initially it said it worked but nothing uploaded.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »

I've worked out why the FTP uploads appear to fail: during testing I set it up to delete the files after uploading, and left the deletion code in the version I released. So if you got a "Success" result it really did work.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 10:56:03 PM »

@Westie: the extra pair of inverted commas is just a mistake in constructing the error message. I'll fix it.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »

I've worked out why the FTP uploads appear to fail: during testing I set it up to delete the files after uploading, and left the deletion code in the version I released. So if you got a "Success" result it really did work.

Well that explains it  ;)

Stuart

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:34 PM »

I'll fix it.
Thanks, Eric. I really appreciate what you are doing.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 01:58:47 AM »

Something I have noticed about the names of the files in the sub-directories of the DataStore directory . . .

[Duo2 DataStore]$ ls -1 2018-03-28
Bits-00-33-28.zip
Hlog-00-33-28.zip
QLN-00-33-28.zip
SNR-00-33-28.zip
Stats
[Duo2 DataStore]$

The files are currently named as "name-hour-minute-day_of_month.zip"

Could the naming be adjusted so that the slowest changing parameter is at the left and the fastest changing parameter is at the right, please? I.e. "name-day_of_month-hour-minute.zip"
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 07:35:54 AM »

You're right, it's not very logical. In fact, these files really don't need a 'day' reference at all because they're in daily folders anyway. So "name-hour-minute.zip" would suffice and would slightly reduce the cluttered appearance.
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything