Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Upstream SNRM. Is this normal????  (Read 1748 times)

Zenfield

Upstream SNRM. Is this normal????
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:30 AM »

Hi all,

Lately ive been gettin alot of fluctuation on my upstream SNRM bands. I cant quite seem to pinpoint whats going on here so hopefully you guys can shed some light as to whats happening here. Ive attached a pic below of the graph, all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: Upstream SNRM. Is this normal????
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »

All those SNRM values look sufficiently high that I wouldn't have thought it mattered.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »

I suspect it is high resistant fault.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »

Is it service affecting?   Is your total upstream SNRM being affected by more than a few dB?
If not then best ignore and forget about it, as you will drive yourself nuts and Openreach won't be able to do anything about it.

It could be an emerging HR fault.. it could be REIN with a SHINE spike.  Openreach uses DSM for power masks and upstream power levels, which can have an effect on SNRM.  You can also have GAIN adjustments from bit-swap. If one band dips, it is far from unusual to see other bands adjust to compensate.

It looks like you had a dip in U1, which for some reason was already higher than it should have been, suggesting that at some point U0 and U2 had also got out of kilter.  There was a further dip at 6:25 on U0 & U2, so your modem adjusted U1 to compensate, but eventually it brought it all back in line. 

Looking at your graph- and unless the phone rang at that time - ,  I'd say you had a SHINe burst at ~6:20 which caused some residual REIN on u0 & U2.  By 6:24 it was all done with, but it just left the various bands out of kilter..  by 06:45 they were being brought back in line.

Quite often my upstream per band looks horrendous, certain bands will dip and others will rise, they will even cross-over and the pattern reverse on different bands.  More often than not it takes a heck of a lot longer for mine to clear.   If MDWS was still up I could show you some real pretty pictures on my Upstream bands, that look a heck of a lot more messy than yours.. but there's nothing I can do about it.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Zenfield

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:04:51 AM »

Is it service affecting?   Is your total upstream SNRM being affected by more than a few dB?

Its not affecting my service and as you mentioned I doubt OR will be able to do anything in this instance tbh. If it is a HR fault then i guess ill just have to wait for it to get alot worse before trying to pinpoint the problem. I really wish MDWS was still up currently as it would probably give everyone a better picture as to what exactly is going on. Im still sync'ing at full speeds so i guess i'll just ignore it :)

Thanks for everyones time and input. I really appreciate it

Regards,

anything