Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.1  (Read 12558 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.3.1
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 12:02:39 PM »

@les-70: The total time per page is supposed to be the sum of the days and the hours. I haven't got this quite right yet.  The hours setting should be limited to 23, and the next setting above that should be one day,  0 hours. It goes wrong if the hours are set to 24 when there's 1 or more days set (which should be an impossible setting). I'll sort this out, but in the meantime, if you set the hours to less than 24 it should be OK.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »

Thanks things are better if I do that.  Could the ES/hours also be set to reflect the longer time?  That still does not budge from 24 hours.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »

The ES/hour graph is constructed differently, and it would be quite a large undertaking to have it follow the time per page setting. You can always check back through the last 10 days, using the "... days ago" setting.
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »

Given that ES are most significant for DLM watching that is a pity when viewing via the web server files but but I do understand.  If 48 hours were possible and easy on the ES graph that would be nice in allowing  a fuller view via the web server.  Please take that as a thought in ignorance of the program structure.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 02:58:10 PM »

Perhaps simply showing the previous days ES graph on the webserver would be easier to implement than having to redo the whole ES code.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »

OK, I understand the issue. I take it you still need the per-hour figures and not just the total values per day?
  Eric

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2018, 04:48:43 PM »

The total per day for each day of the graph time scale would be fine but the even just the previous days total would be helpful in the web server.  Anything to help keep full track of the ES per day.  In MDWS I only looked at the ES plot on a regular basis and I guess others also focused on that. Other stats were for when things went wrong. Replicating the MDWS style of ES plot with the rising totals for each day over multiple days would be another ideal. However hopefully you can think what would be easiest.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 06:24:50 PM »

OK, I'll see what I can do.
  Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »

Hi Eric

I’m new to DSL stats, and thanks for your work. I’ve been on HG612 since we were able to change the modem firmware.

With your software, when you have an update, is it sufficient to just replace the .exe file ? Obviously having talyored certain bits to my requirements I don’t want to overright everything.

Thank

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 10:43:54 PM »

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately there isn't a general answer to that question because sometimes other files in the package are changed too. Also of course it may depend on what version you're upgrading from.

If you've left the configuration files in their default location, there shouldn't be a problem because the configuration files are not in the same directory as the program files. You can change the program files to the newly downloaded files (or save then in a different directory) and the new executable will pick up your program settings.

Eric

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2018, 01:19:24 PM »

Eric

Thanks, unfortunately I changed the location of the config files to the same directory. Essentially because I'm running it on Server 2012 using a very low privileged user, it was easier to configure. I guess I can work out which are the config files. I'm on 6.1.3 pre release, the one before you changed the MWDS page. I'm interested in getting the enhancements in the latest version.

I've also created custom .html pages, but I can save these as they are static.

Its great I'm running it on two servers monitoring 2 lines. Excellent

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2018, 02:14:55 PM »

The total per day for each day of the graph time scale would be fine but the even just the previous days total would be helpful in the web server.  Anything to help keep full track of the ES per day.  In MDWS I only looked at the ES plot on a regular basis and I guess others also focused on that. Other stats were for when things went wrong. Replicating the MDWS style of ES plot with the rising totals for each day over multiple days would be another ideal. However hopefully you can think what would be easiest.

What I've done for now is extend the range of the ES/hour chart to cover two days (the current day and the previous day). It looks like the image below. I'll release this as soon as I can build the different OS versions.

[I see that there's a small cosmetic error in the positioning of the central date marker at the bottom, but that's easily corrected]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:17:11 PM by roseway »
  Eric

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 06:45:29 PM »

Looking good. :)
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »

Eric apologies if already mentioned but can you change the web server files location NOT to add an additional directory to the location of webserver? What I want to do is to use a directory called DSLStatsWeb in the xampp htdocs directory, by adding the extra directory it makes me use an additional directory in the path for the url when accessing it.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2018, 11:50:38 AM »

Yes, I should be able to do that, Stuart.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4