Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface  (Read 53283 times)

RTouris

Re: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »

How strange.   

Mine using pbparams.txt works fine here in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Palemoon & Vivaldi.
Do you have the same problem when trying to view my stats?

https://kitz.co.uk/linestats/pbparams.htm

I'm wondering if there may perhaps be some application or setting on the desktop machine which by default tries to open all text files.
afaik all browsers should by default open .txt files within the browser window - unless told to do otherwise.

The puzzling thing is that yours works like a charm...

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »

I've been doing a wee bit of googling and the recommended method is using a frame.   See here.   My script should not see any of the awkward scrolling as mentioned by Madara Uchiha as I'd already added params to stop that problem.  There is an additional parameter "seamless" you could try,  but this only works in html5

Failing that,  if you run PHP there is a script which forces txt files to be output within the main html
https://www.000webhost.com/forum/t/simple-php-script-to-read-txt-files-and-output-as-html/2933

There may be an equivalent for javascript/ajax
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13709482/how-to-read-text-file-in-javascript
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

RTouris

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2019, 08:50:07 PM »

I've been doing a wee bit of googling and the recommended method is using a frame.   See here.   My script should not see any of the awkward scrolling as mentioned by Madara Uchiha as I'd already added params to stop that problem.  There is an additional parameter "seamless" you could try,  but this only works in html5

Failing that,  if you run PHP there is a script which forces txt files to be output within the main html
https://www.000webhost.com/forum/t/simple-php-script-to-read-txt-files-and-output-as-html/2933

There may be an equivalent for javascript/ajax
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13709482/how-to-read-text-file-in-javascript

Thanks for the prompt reply and the suggestions.

I'm afraid I haven't had much success with the seamless parameter amongst many other things I tried and seeing that I neither run PHP not have any JS knowledge I'm afraid there's not much i can pursue on this front..I can only hope that DSLstats gets updated at some point in the future to also include a dynamic html output of pbparams (instead of txt only) to get this sorted properly.

mw2870

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »

Thanks for the custom web interface! It is really good.

I have deployed mine here: http://dslstats.wilson-serve.co.uk/
It is running on a VPS server that I already had, so I have just set up another vhost on that box.

I am using dslstats v6.5.9 on a Rasberry Pi to upload via SFTP and have configured the Webserver Files and Snapshot tabs on the FTP Uploads section in configuration.

I have hacked history.php to create history2.php
As the snapshot function in dslstats creates new folder per day I have re-worked it a bit.
I have also added support for txt files via an iframe.

Let me know if this is useful to anyone else and I can upload it.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2019, 05:49:56 PM »

Kitz for some reason when I went on your SNR page chrome thought the page was swedish :D and offered to translate it for me.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2019, 09:13:17 PM »

haha.    Same here.    I let it translate and I couldn't see it changed anything  :-\
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Terry74

« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »

Thanks for the custom web interface! It is really good.

I have deployed mine here: http://dslstats.wilson-serve.co.uk/
It is running on a VPS server that I already had, so I have just set up another vhost on that box.

I am using dslstats v6.5.9 on a Rasberry Pi to upload via SFTP and have configured the Webserver Files and Snapshot tabs on the FTP Uploads section in configuration.

I have hacked history.php to create history2.php
As the snapshot function in dslstats creates new folder per day I have re-worked it a bit.
I have also added support for txt files via an iframe.

Let me know if this is useful to anyone else and I can upload it.

Hi there mw2870. I, for one, would be interested to see your history2.php please.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2020, 07:04:27 PM »

Old topic I know but still relevant.

Have never managed to get the kitz custom interface, "history" working locally, error displayed as per attached .png, all other tabs working and displaying to expectation.
The "select" and "go" pull down options are empty.
DSLStats running on RPi 3B, ethernet connected to my desktop Win 10 Home PC.

Error probably not surprising as I can't figure out where to put the history data files from the history php file narrative or the "help" file.

Suggestion, advice appreciated.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2020, 02:23:51 PM »

As per previous post of 19/06/20 would really appreciate some advice/guidance if someone can spare a little time as still can't get the "history" function working on the kitz stat's utility.

I'am uploading the stat's to my RPi via the DSLStats "Data Store" function, presume that this is where the "historic data" is obtained from ?
Using the "Single file each day" option but have also tried the "Multiple files" option.
Tried selecting/de-selecting the "Items to include" options.

Have tried replacing the history.php file which lives in the "Webserver" folder with a fresh, downloaded copy just in case of any corruption in the original file.

All aspects of the utility did work perfectly when on my web site but I have given up this facility as no longer have any requirement for remote web access to my router stat's.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2020, 05:47:22 AM »

because im seeing the php code being echoed to the web page, Just checking that you have php installed?
-----

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2020, 10:35:04 PM »

@kitz:
Many thanks for the reply, very much appreciated especially under your current circumstances.

Just checking that you have php installed?
To my complete embarrasment, no.
Just shows how much I know, apologies for my ignorance on the subject.

Apache2 and php now installed on my RPi 3B running "stretch" and access tested from local & remote web browsers.
However, still struggling with the same error, I believe it's because I am not placing the live files in the correct location.
The webserver files are by default located @ /home/pi/.dslstats/webserver
php default file directory is /var/www/html
Totally confused as to where the history.php script expects to find the live data files which I believe is now the issue.

I appreciate that a third party routine will need to be deployed to refresh the live data files at a chosen frequency to provide historical information.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »

Well I have no idea what you've done but the history page is working now for me.

As for updating the files you can get dslstats to either save the files directly to the required location assuminig it is running n the same PC, or you can get dslstats to either upload the files or ftp them.

Stuart
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:30:07 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »

Should you not be using Datastore but Webserver files and note a separate option for uploading  snapshots which is where history data is derived from.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2020, 05:22:10 PM »

Should you not be using Datastore but Webserver files and note a separate option for uploading  snapshots which is where history data is derived from.

Yes, you are correct of course, the history php routine expects the DSLStats "Data Store" upload option to be active and the data to be stored in the /var/www/html default folder in order to be able to access the historical data.

After a logical re-think of my requirements, I don't really require the utility history option, I don't wish to store the historical data on the RPi, I currently archieve my stat's snapshots off to the NAS on a 4 day basis and can review these easily on my desktop PC using either the kitz or the broadstairs utilities, again, can view the current stat's either directly on DSLStats via VNC or via either viewing utility.
Use of the DSLStats "Data Store" upload service to a RPi location would only be unnecessary data duplication in my case.

I appreciate that I could use the DSLStats "FTP Uploads" facility to automate the "Data Store" transfer to NAS but I find this too complex to implement and not really necessary for my requirements.

Many thanks to all for advice and assistance offered.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2021, 02:19:55 PM »

For those following my line, stats should be back online, migrated laptop over to win10 and I was fighting some problems, but back online now.

For anyone who might be curious I dont mind sharing my winscp batch script, on how I get the historical stats uploaded to my server, martin, and ned are also using it.  The main live stats are uploaded via native sftp function on dslstats.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

anything