Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface  (Read 53295 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 10:45:12 PM »

Unfortunately the history stuff will not work without PHP.  As you can see it's a .php page  https://kitz.co.uk/linestats/history.php

You need a server-side language to be able to select server-side files.  Client side scripting languages such as javascript can't query the files stored on the remote server.   If your web host has disabled PHP then about the only thing I could perhaps suggest is running a full webserver on a local machine using something like WAMP/LAMP :(

I have however emailed you :)

Thanks. I think I’ve got the hosting company to allow the PHP to be implemented. It looks to be working fine, on both my VDSL and ADSL. Lines, but I will let it run and post a link over weekend.

Thanks Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2018, 07:38:32 PM »

i downloaded the files in post 1 only a few days ago.... are those the most recent version?

I changed the .css early hours 7th June which is why you won't have that yet and why it's only on my own version atm.   

If anyone is interested I will update the CSS to try made it more modularised so it can fit with what Stuart is doing

Not sure when it will be though as I'm at the hospital tomorrow, but I shall see how much I can get done tonight with the .css

I haven't yet had chance to update the files available for download but will do so asap. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2018, 08:03:36 PM »

Thanks. I think I’ve got the hosting company to allow the PHP to be implemented. It looks to be working fine, on both my VDSL and ADSL. Lines, but I will let it run and post a link over weekend.

Good stuff, glad its working for you.  :)

I'm using WinSCP and some scripts to automatically FTP the live stats every min and synchronise the history graphs every 2 hours. 
I think the latest edition of DSLstats now may contain ftp info for the live stats, but admittedly I haven't tried that yet as my ftp script for livestats works fine and uses very little bandwidth.

A bit harder was trying to get history files to synchronise and only update the latest files.    I'm very conscious that my script is designed to run on a remote web-server and therefore was aware that some sites will have bandwidth restrictions.   This has always been what caused my own scripts to come to standstill as ideally I would have liked it to automatically remove old remote files after 'x' period.   It was also a bit more complicated as my DSLstat graphs are stored using the graph type name rather than date which would have been easier.

Anyhow I do have a working synchronise ftp script for history -  I cheated and cleared out the old files on my local machine which went back a few years.
Until someone can devise a more robust FTP script to deal with automatically clearing out the remote webfiles every so often you may have to just keep an eye on remote storage.

I really need to do a help file which explains WinSCP & the ftp scripts I've written so they can be adapted for various scenarios which is something I saw no point in doing as no-one else appeared to be interested.    However, it is worth pointing out  that you would likely need to use similar scripts if you want to use Stuarts history pages on a remote server too.... or else you are going to run the webpages locally or do it all manually... as this is something beyond what DSLstats inbuilt ftp server does. 

I'm afraid I can't just pass out the ftp scripts in their current form as they contain my server info.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »

Uploaded new files to original post and packaged as v2
-----

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »

Hi Kitz

The latest version of dsl stats does indeed upload automatically. I was originally using WinSCP for datastore,webserver and snap shot files but now all 3 are being done via dsl stats real time.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2018, 10:13:48 PM »

Thanks. I can synchronise the files I have as I seem to have mixture of versions.

Thanks. Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2018, 11:02:14 PM »

i've applied the v2 GUI, but i seem to have broken something in the process. stats on index and telnet pages are now missing

Seems ok here in FF.  It may be your browser caching the old css file rather than the new one?  Chrome has a habit of doing that.

-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »

Hi Kitz

The latest version of dsl stats does indeed upload automatically. I was originally using WinSCP for datastore,webserver and snap shot files but now all 3 are being done via dsl stats real time.

Thanks for that confirmation. :)    I'd used WinSCP as it was the only way of doing so when I first wrote my code which was prior to the latest DSLstats release.

I think you will need WinSCP though for any of the history files and folders, so I will continue using it for now and attempt how to explain for those who want to use it with the history folders.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2018, 11:13:04 PM »

Thanks. I can synchronise the files I have as I seem to have mixture of versions.

You should in practice just be able to drop the new version straight in over the top.   Not sure about anything to do with Stuarts though as I don't have those.

In the long term it would be an idea mrege Stuarts files and mine, which is why I rewrote my CSS the other night.   
By sectioning it off like I have done, we can adjust the menu.   Stuarts code can go in the body div and he can also put his own credit in the footer on the pages which he coded.   Well that's the theory anyhow. :)
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 11:23:48 PM »

G3uiss has developed an asp version of the history page for anyone running a windows server and is kindly making his aspnet scripts available for download.  :)

I will attach the files to the first post in the thread.
-----

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2018, 05:35:54 PM »

Might be a silly question, but I get the following on the history page.

EDIT - I think it's a PHP issue with my PN webspace.

Code: [Select]
"> Graph Type

">   

"; echo "Filename = $fileName

"; echo '$filename'."

";} # Else check if a folder has been selected elseif (isset ($_REQUEST['graph'])) { $graph_type = validate_input($_REQUEST['graph']); echo "You selected $graph_type
Please select which graph to view

"; ListGraphs($graph_type);// Call the ListGraphs Function } else { echo "Please select graph type"; } ?>/code]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:36:25 AM by Deathstar »
VMG1312-B10A Bridge Mode to ASUS DSLAC68U

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news its working, even with SSL.

Bad I could not get @Kitz history working, and I could not get @Broadstairs live data working so I ended up cobbling them both together.

https://www.cddsystems.co.uk/

Have a shufty and let me know if it works :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:22:19 PM by Deathstar »
VMG1312-B10A Bridge Mode to ASUS DSLAC68U

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2018, 09:16:04 PM »

https://cddsystems.co.uk/index.htm

Have a shufty and let me know if it works :)

Looks good, to me.

However the is a small problem . . . the one I seem to be regularly pointing out to Kitizens . . . your Bit Loading, Hlog and QLN plots need to be adjusted to show the entire 4096 sub-carriers of a profile 17a, G.993.2, service. You should go to the Bit Loading, Hlog & QLN screens and left-click on the "Change tone range" button. In the Pop-Up that then appears, left-click on "Custom" and then adjust the slider so that the plot is just sufficiently wide to show the 4096 sub-carriers.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2018, 10:09:01 PM »

You should go to the Bit Loading, Hlog & QLN screens .... then adjust the slider so that the plot is just sufficiently wide to show the 4096 sub-carriers.

I wonder why it doesn't default to better values?  4096 must be the correct figure for the majority of users.

I am scared of requesting this as I think the suggestion list is already reaching the moon :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »

I don't mind your suggesting it, because I've already noted the number of times this comes up. Unfortunately it's not a simple as just setting a default number of tones, because of the way the per-tone graphs are constructed. What I really need to do is dimension the graphs automatically according to the highest used tone, and I'll try to do that for the next release.
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

anything