Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface  (Read 53314 times)

sotonsam

• Reg Member
Re: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »

Why is there no G.INP ? And no G.Vector either? That is not good.

ECI Cab. that's not happening this side of 2030.
Vodafone FTTC 80/20. ECI Cab.

FTTP via Toob. 900/900.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »

I been real busy but disabled the IP leak part of the history page, page is now in my sig.

Just to clarify - the IP leak was not in my history page.

My stats show dslstats graphs, history graphs, and tbb graphs.  This is using kitz's code except for the history page which is Stuart's code.

Again for clarification.  I have history graphs which automatically upload every 2hrs.   My code is different to Stuarts and works using the graph type rather than dates for those who have DSLstats to save folders in that way.

They do not include Stuart's newer stuff yet, although I think Ned is using his new scripts now.

The reason the thread got split up & Stuart started his own is that I don't think people realised that I have had both live and history graphs working for several months now.   

The only thing that requires more work on mine is further development of the FTP script to ensure that the remote files on the webserver don't get too large and will automatically delete files after 'x' time.   Currently my ftp scripts automatically mirror and synchronises to the local machine.    I've used synchronize as that requires very little bandwidth and ensures that only the newest files are uploaded.   

I didn't bother developing this script further as absolutely no-one showed any interest in what I'd done with the history files and since I only wanted to view history for SNR and Errors on my line then I saw no point putting more time into it.   It should however be really easy for me to add other folders if I wanted.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2018, 10:01:10 PM »

nice.. :)

I have snapshots including historical stuff thanks to Chris. tbb, Stuart's new zoom tool/script  and live data .

https://www.team-rebellion.net/Ned/stats.htm

Nice job.
Just noticed though that it's using v1 of the web interface.  I updated the headers to a more logical layout a while ago and made the page layout a bit better looking by amending the CSS & html.   
I shall see if I can do anything with my CSS to make it more compartmentalised for those who may wish to add on what Stuart is doing with the zoom tool graph etc. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2018, 10:01:46 PM »

I would really be interested in you history graphs even if just ES. I can’t run PHP. On my hosted server being a Windows 2016 which for some reason has PHP disabled.

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »

Why is there no G.INP ? And no G.Vector either? That is not good.

No g.inp and vectoring on mine either.   Also on ECI  :'( :'(
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »

I would really be interested in you history graphs even if just ES. I can’t run PHP. On my hosted server being a Windows 2016 which for some reason has PHP disabled.

Tony

Unfortunately the history stuff will not work without PHP.  As you can see it's a .php page  https://kitz.co.uk/linestats/history.php

You need a server-side language to be able to select server-side files.  Client side scripting languages such as javascript can't query the files stored on the remote server.   If your web host has disabled PHP then about the only thing I could perhaps suggest is running a full webserver on a local machine using something like WAMP/LAMP :(

I have however emailed you :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:49:46 AM by kitz »
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2018, 10:18:06 PM »

If anyone is interested I will update the CSS to try made it more modularised so it can fit with what Stuart is doing and I'll also upload my php code.

Not sure when it will be though as I'm at the hospital tomorrow, but I shall see how much I can get done tonight with the .css

----
ETA
Currently playing with the CSS so if my stat pages start looking a bit weird dont worry

---
ETAA
oh..  that worked.  No broken pages :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:24:39 AM by kitz »
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2018, 04:15:06 AM »

kitz are the files you shared up to date? the ones I had access to the history page was non functional and marked as something like coming soon hence stuart developing a solution.  Also interesting you commented about a v1 layout as well.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2018, 08:55:02 AM »

The history page on the very first files I uploaded on March 15th didn't work.  At that point I was trying to use javascript and ajax to see if I could get something working that didnt require a server side language.

By 31st of March I had a working version which was outputting history graphs fine but it was a bit messy, but had not developed a robust FTP script to automatically update the history files.  -   See here.

My post on 1st April explained the difficulty with the FTP script I was having in that I had masses of history files on my local PC which could be problematic for web storage.     At that I asked Stuart what he was doing re the uploads, but then realised that he didn't have a working ftp script for history either.    Live stats have never been a problem and the ftp script for that has been working fine.  - See here.

On 12th April - I mentioned I had a working version which was outputting history to a remote website rather than installing WAMP.   Again I mentioned history file size problem for the FTP script.

See also post here which specifically states that my version was outputting just SNRM and errors because that was all I needed

Atm I've only got historic data for SNRM & Err Secs purely because that's what I would look at first when it came to any historic data.

On May 6th I even had a bit of a rant because I had had zero feedback on what I'd done for the history pages.   I think the problem was that perhaps posts between mine and stuarts had got muddled in the same thread and it appeared to me that no-one had even looked at mine despite me frequently posting the link

I've already done that and FTPing current stats for running remotely.  Hate to sound like I'm doing the sour grape thing (and yeah I admit it is), but I have had absolutely zero interest in what I had done.   Not a single comment in any of the various threads where I said I'd got something working for running on a remote website since March.  Which is why I thought I was wasting my time developing an FTP version of historic and stopped as soon as I'd done only what I wanted (historic CRC, Err/Secs and SNRM) for my own line.   
I can only assume that no-one had actually looked at what I had done and what I had got working several weeks ago.    I think about the only comment I did get is saying they werent interested in running off a hosted site.      :'(

I've mentioned time and time again that the problem was not with the php code but rather a WinSCP script that was needed that would perhaps only upload the last months historic data because I had several years of DSLstat data.   
In the end I took the easy option and just cleared out my local files of old data... and since then am using the FTP script to sync to local folders.

My edited post on 5th May says

Please note:  The history section requires PHP to run and the output graphs work perfectly well by synchronising with local machine folders, but in time it would require a more robust FTP script to handle file management of older files.
As there has been little interest and zilch feedback in this section I stopped development after I got it to do what I needed (historic SNRM & errors).  My original aim was that it would only upload latest graphs in the relevant local folders and delete older files on the remote server to keep hosting bandwidth to a minimum.

I'm not quite sure how I could have made it any clearer that my problems were developing a robust FTP script and NOT the php side of things.   
I believe Stuart is also having problems in this area and he has to manually manage the history folders so we both got stuck at the same point.

Can you perhaps see now why I was getting frustrated to the point whereby I stopped mentioning that I had a working version and doing any further development, because as far as I'm concerned mine is currently doing all that it needs for me personally.  I have passed the link out enough.    I think b*cat will be able to confirm he saw it was working ages ago, but his comment was about the DSLstats graph size and nothing to do with my side of things.

There's no point in me updating or doing any further work if I had absolutely zero interest.  :(
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »

Also interesting you commented about a v1 layout as well.

I changed the layout to make the headers more logical and there were also a few cosmetic changes in layout so that things just looked a bit nicer.  They were purely CSS type changes and have been freely available for download since 5th May.

I edited the CSS again last night so there is another version that I will package and re-upload when I get chance. The only changes I have made recently are CSS type things to tidy up html layout.   

The reason I mentioned it is I noticed ned was using the very first version and not the 5th may version.

Updated the attached file in first post.   There's several changes which are mostly cosmetic to layout. 
All files have been updated with the newer menu which is IMHO more logical than the previous one.

I've been using the new layout for quite a while so some of you will have already seen it, but if not it can be viewed here.

-----

PS.   If some of the pages on my linestats page look weird you may need to refresh cache.  (Ctrl & F5).    I uploaded a new .css file last night and chrome in particular tends to cache old css files. 
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2018, 05:19:48 PM »

. . . I think b*cat will be able to confirm he saw it was working ages ago, but his comment was about the DSLstats graph size and nothing to do with my side of things.

Yes, that I can confirm. It was working nicely and provided all that I would have expected.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »

I would like to state that since the demise of MDWS the current web interface, created by Kitz and accessible here, is the most straightforward and logical interface for me to use to see Our Leader's circuit statistics . . . whenever I feel the urge or daily (whichever event occurs first).  :)

I would also like to say that I have also looked at other Members' offerings and can see that each has its own plus points & mode of use cases.  :drink:

:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »

yep, just the files I downloaded was an older set of the files, different layout and incomplete history, I was never aware of this updated layout before. :)

Its all good :)  We have different options on the table.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »

v1  files from Kitz and Stuart's new scripts work a treat. With a windows and pi3 solution working off the server being automated I think it's provides more than enough stats than I can handle. Having my history there too is a bonus. ;D

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »

I would like to state that since the demise of MDWS the current web interface, created by Kitz and accessible here, is the most straightforward and logical interface for me to use to see Our Leader's circuit statistics . . . whenever I feel the urge or daily (whichever event occurs first).  :)

I would also like to say that I have also looked at other Members' offerings and can see that each has its own plus points & mode of use cases.  :drink:

i think i must be running a slightly older version of the web interface, as mine doesn't have the footer.
i downloaded the files in post 1 only a few days ago.... are those the most recent version?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

anything