Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface  (Read 53304 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: DSLstats webserver - Custom Interface
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »

yeah, I planned to simply just remove the eventlog option so it doesnt appear in the file list, I dont know why that would be needed for viewing remote stats.

I was going to add a debug flag at start of the script, so if its set to 1, it effectively runs as is now, and if 0, it hides eventlog, and also hides the displayed path to files.

If you ok with that then I will leave it to you. :)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »

Yes I'll make some changes later over the weekend.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

I have today sent chrysalis the updated code for displaying the archived images and text files from DSLStats for him to test, this has an option to remove the event log from display as it can contain your external IP address.

I have also sent him another script which displays data selected from the stats.log file created by DSLStats (note that for valid SES display you need DSLStats 6.5.2 or above). This will display a graph on the web browser using javascript. The js program used is very powerful and allows the user to zoom in to the graph and then pan through it rather like MDWS used to do. Note that this second script is still being expanded to add data to display.

If anyone else would like a copy of either script to test please PM me.

Stuart

Edit: Should have mentioned - please supply an email if you want the scripts.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:19:07 PM by broadstairs »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 10:13:42 AM »

I have been working on my scripts some more and now have a version of the script which display graphs built from the stats.log file created by DSLStats which is customised in a similar fashion to Kitz' original. Only the Historical statistics are available right now. This is in part thanks to skyECI who started the idea. If you want to run this script locally you will need a web server running which has PHP available (the cut down server built into DSLStats does not support this understandably). PM me if you would like a copy. Also if you would like to see more data options please tell me your suggestions.

I have a version with very limited data available on my web sit at https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/Stats.php but should give some idea of its functionality. The graph will resize automatically if you resize the window. Also if you mouseover the graph some small icons appear top right which allow you to manipulate the graph by zooming and panning etc.

Stuart

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »

If anyone wants to have a look at snapshots, dsl stats.log  and live data  I am uploading then please do. All a bit of team effort, thanks to those who have helped along the way...:)

https://www.team-rebellion.net/Ned/connection.htm

I also have my old snapshots converted over and Stuarts new zooming chart tool is there too.

I am using windows 10 pc and winscp with 3 scripts to upload all the data on to Chris's server

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:00:31 PM by skyeci »

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »

Sorry didn't see this earlier - my hands have been too bad to type.  Yes I mentioned in another thread that I'd been doing more work on it, but as no-one else seemed interested in running from a remote site I stopped any further development and this was about as far as I got.
https://kitz.co.uk/linestats/
Hi Kitz,

Any chance of a zip file of your linestats pages, please.  I am using your original version with a minor tweak and would like to upgrade to this version.

Thanks.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 08:54:56 PM »

I have made some more changes, mainly cosmetic, to my version of the DSLgraphs and Stats script. they can be view at https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/DSLgraphs.php and https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/Stats.php. I would really appreciate some feedback on them, both positive and negative. BTW they do link to each other from the top menu. Currently they do not display the live graphs from DSLStats but that could possibly be added if needed but these are available from the DSLStats built in web server anyway.

Stuart

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »

Stuart

These are great. Are you likely to put the scrips in the public domain ? I able to update the files to my web server and have PHP

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »

Certainly I will make them available. Right now I'd like a few folks to test them out to make sure I have no major bugs in them, I think they are OK but no software is usually totally bug free. If anyone right now would like a copy please PM me with an email address I can send them to. The Stats script needs a javascript program to be downloaded and placed on the server. I used javascript to offload the actual graphing to the web browser, plus the graphs can be zoomed and scrolled without needing to use the server. I'll give the detailed information to anyone as to what's needed when I send the scripts.

Stuart

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2018, 01:18:53 AM »

Looks very good Stuart, sorry I havent responded the past few days.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2018, 11:55:39 PM »

Hi Kitz,

Any chance of a zip file of your linestats pages, please.  I am using your original version with a minor tweak and would like to upgrade to this version.

Thanks.

Updated the attached file in first post.   There's several changes which are mostly cosmetic to layout. 
All files have been updated with the newer menu which is IMHO more logical than the previous one.

I've been using the new layout for quite a while so some of you will have already seen it, but if not it can be viewed here.

Re history - I've not included that file as although the php is working on my version, I still need to develop a script which will only upload selected history files to the remote server automatically.  If anyone's DSLstats folder is like mine you'll have years worth of files and I'd hate anyone to upload a zillion image files and use up a ton of bandwidth.
I've been running a WinSCP script to FTP the current files and that is working well..   what I haven't had time to do is a script that will FTP the history files correctly. (which is why mine only shows some history for SNRM, Err/Sec & CRC)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2018, 12:15:24 AM »

I've been using the new layout for quite a while so some of you will have already seen it, but if not it can be viewed here.

That is looking really good.  :thumbs:

(A brief parenthesised comment: Both your Hlog and QLN plots ("Line Health" tab) are displaying sub-carriers > 4095 . . . which is meaningless for G.993.2 Profile 17a.)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Browni

• Reg Member
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 12:43:23 AM »

Thanks Kitz!

My live graphs are here including your latest update.

For reference I'm running the latest docker version of DSLstats pointing the output to a share that is within the scope of the Apache server running on on my QNAP NAS  :graduate:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »

I have made some more changes, mainly cosmetic, to my version of the DSLgraphs and Stats script. they can be view at https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/DSLgraphs.php and https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/Stats.php. I would really appreciate some feedback on them, both positive and negative. BTW they do link to each other from the top menu.
Stuart

Well done :)   Just noticed though that you appear to be at the stage where I got to for DSLstat graphs in that you haven't yet managed to auto FTP update for history.  That was the point at which I stopped as I really thought no-one else was interested in running from a remote website and had no feedback at all.
Slight difference between ours is that mine runs on graph folders rather than date only because that's the way I stored them locally. 

Good job on the javascript graphs  :)

Currently they do not display the live graphs from DSLStats but that could possibly be added if needed but these are available from the DSLStats built in web server anyway.

I've already done that and FTPing current stats for running remotely.  Hate to sound like I'm doing the sour grape thing (and yeah I admit it is), but I have had absolutely zero interest in what I had done.   Not a single comment in any of the various threads where I said I'd got something working for running on a remote website since March.  Which is why I thought I was wasting my time developing an FTP version of historic and stopped as soon as I'd done only what I wanted (historic CRC, Err/Secs and SNRM) for my own line.   
I can only assume that no-one had actually looked at what I had done and what I had got working several weeks ago.    I think about the only comment I did get is saying they werent interested in running off a hosted site.      :'(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »

Thanks Kitz!

My live graphs are here including your latest update.

For reference I'm running the latest docker version of DSLstats pointing the output to a share that is within the scope of the Apache server running on on my QNAP NAS  :graduate:

Excellent.   Thanks for the feedback :)

PS - you may want to edit the files for the header and put your name in :)
-----
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11