Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Virgin Media to Roll Out Fibre to Hampshire Villages Along the Test Valley  (Read 1413 times)

parkdale

• Reg Member

In case anybody missed this in the BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43372054
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

This is good news.

The more people laying fibre (or any high speed connections) is good :)
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

it's good news but come on vm, finish the towns you are already in. Take Frome in Somerset where I live. VM cables run up and down the streets by our development serving houses already. Our development was built 10 years ago yet VM seem totally uninterested in bringing it in even though the cables are at the end of the road.. I tried to get them to look at it but just not interested... they are missing an easy estate of houses to pick up with minimal effort in a town they are already in. . :no:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:39:02 PM by skyeci »

gt94sss2

• Kitizen

VM and its predecessors have a lot of form in missing streets.

Where my parents live in London, they cabled all the streets around where they line and about 10% of the street they live on - but never did the other 90% (including them).. and that's in an area where the houses had been there for decades at the point of the network build with no issues in terms of access or private roads etc

niemand

• Kitizen

I tried to get them to look at it but just not interested... they are missing an easy estate of houses to pick up with minimal effort in a town they are already in. . :no:

May not meet the costs per premises especially if there's block paving and lots of detached / semi-detached properties. May also simply not be working in that area of the country right now.