Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: what to do in advance of engineer visit?  (Read 6203 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: what to do in advance of engineer visit?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »

Well done getting DSLStats running, I presume gathering stat's from your Huawei HG612 ?
You don't say what operating system DSLStats is currently running on ?

Ideally, DSLStats should be running 24/7 which is why a lot of forum members use a Raspberry Pi rather than keeping a Windows, Mac or Linux based PC running 24/7, this was certainly the case when MDWS was active, sadly, no longer in service since 12/03/18, however, a lot of the very clever forum contributors are working on alternatives to MDWS so still worthwhile considering 24/7 operation of DSLStats if possible.

Some of the better informed forum members will be able to more comprehensively advise exactly what modem parameters you should be interested in with respect to your line status, from my simplistic point of view I always monitor SNRM, ES, SES, Hlog, QLN, if you have DS G.Inp active, LEFTRS, Interleaving Depth, INP & B0-INPRein.
Look at the excellent DSL help section of the kitz site for detailed explanations of these parameters.

There are also many excellent posts on the forum regarding getting a Raspberry Pi up and running with DSLStats should you decide to go down that route, will work with virtually any model of RPi, I use an old Mk.1B and have configured two RPi Zero W's for my family members, these are very cheap and very low power consumption.

BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything